Welcome to the Florida Drupal Users Group! We have members from all over Florida and most meetups around the state are coordinated through this group. Whether you're from the panhandle, northeast Florida, the Gulf coast, central Florida, the Space Coast, or south Florida, you'll find other Drupal developers and themers here.
Currently, we have regular meetups in the following areas:
- Brevard County (Cocoa Village): alternating bi-weekly Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30pm
- Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale): 2nd Wednesday of each month, 7pm
- Orlando: 1st? Tuesday? of each month, 6:30pm
- Gainesville: 2nd Thursday of each month, 7pm
- Jacksonville: 3rd Thursday of each month, 6pm
- Miami Beach: 4th Wednesday of each month, 6pm
- Palm Beaches (Jupiter-Boca Raton): 3rd Tuesday of each month, 7:30pm
- Sarasota / SW Florida: 1st Tuesday of each month 6:30pm
- Tallahassee: Monthly, on a Monday evening.
- Tampa Bay: 1st Thursday of each month
Keep an eye on this page for location and topic announcements for each meetup, as meeting days and times might change month-to-month.
Florida DrupalCamp is this weekend! Registration runs between 8 and 9. If you’re not yet registered, do so now at http://fldrupalcamp.org/register. We’re currently on track to have >300 attendees, with many attendees flying in from across the US!
Be sure to stay at “Hotel Drupal” (aka the Comfort Suites Inn UCF)! We have a group discount available. For more information, see http://fldrupalcamp.org/conference/lodging
The after party will be rocking at Firkin & Kegler. With a huge selection of taps and all types of games and entertainment, this will be a great opportunity to hit up other Drupalers and grab some food and drink! More info at http://fldrupalcamp.org/community/after-party.
The Session schedule is up NOW! Check it out at http://fldrupalcamp.org/program/session-schedule. And don’t forget: Drupal Commerce Lead Ryan Szrama will be delivering the keynote session at this year’s FLDC. Ryan is a Drupal superstar and an excellent speaker!Read more
OCLS is seeking proposals for the creation of an online website/content management system. Please view RFP for complete details. Proposals are due by 5pm on April 19, 2013.
Shoopin' is a Fort Lauderdale, FL startup that is going to offer daily deals.
We need a rock star graphic designer experienced in drupal. The experience in drupal, specifically, is not a must but a HUGE plus as the designs should compliment the developer's skill.
You will be responsible for:
- Web design
- Print material
- Advertisements (billboard to buses)
- Social media pages
Please contact us via GDO.
I just ran across this article on groups.drupal.org. But I have not seen it publicized on the Florida group, so I though I would share it with you. (Granted it as posted on April 3, 2013 - so maybe this is old news.)
As you know the Florida Drupal Camp 2013 is being held at Florida Technical College on April 20, 2013. We are in need of six VGA to HDMI converters. Does anyone have any that we could borrow for the event? If so, please sent me a e-mail via my d.o contact page at http://drupal.org/user/2229734.
Or failing that, can anyone recommend any brands of VGA to HDMI converters that have worked for them?
As the camp is less than two weeks away, so time is of the essence. Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks for your assistance!
Join the Gainesville Drupal Users Group this Thursday at the Alachua County Downtown Library in Gainesville!
1. Presentation: Part 2 of Simple Ways to Awesomize® Drupal's Page Load Times
In this presentation, Mike Herchel (@mikeherchel) will walk give part two of a presentation on optimizing load times in Drupal (frontend and backend). Topics covered will include tools, statistics, tips to optimize MySQL, caching mechanisms, Drupal problems, how to fix them, HTTP Requests, DOM, bandwidth and more.
2. Roundtable: Drupal Theming Best Practices
In this roundtable, we're going to discuss best practices for theming Drupal. This will include topics such as base themes, grid systems, resets, CSS organizations such as SMACSS, layouts (tpl.php, panels, Display Suite).
In addition, we'll have
- A [free] 20 minute Drupal beginner session/training for any newbies that attend
- A rundown of the top X Drupal modules - this is always one of our favorites
- Roundtable discussion - What have you done or learned in the last month that's worth showing off?
- A happy-hour / social event afterwards - probably at Harry's or The Top (both are within walking distance)! This'll give us a chance to nerd-talk over a beer or three :)
- When: Thurs Apr 11th, 2013 7pm-9pm EDT
- Where: the Alachua County Downtown Libary (401 East University Ave) Click for Map.
- Room: We'll be in the Foundation Room, which is up the stairs and to the left (follow the wall until you see the sign. Ask for help if needed).
- Afterwards: We'll be going out for food/beer/socializing at a restaurant/bar within walking distance.
- What to bring: Bring your laptop if you have one, if not, don't worry!
Based on our usual schedule, the next Brevard meetup should be scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, April 9 at Ryan's Pub in Cocoa Village.
I've been busy with other obligations the past couple of weeks so I haven't been able to plan it, or reserve the space. Furthermore, if there is a meetup tomorrow evening, I won't be able to make it.
So - if someone wants to volunteer to plan tomorrow's meetup (and agenda), let me know and I'll try to reserve Ryan's Pub.
Greetings from Florida DrupalCamp 2013! We have been working the past few weeks to figure out a way to record the FLDC sessions and make them available online for free. We've come up with a process to do this and are now seeking to fully fund it. Our current camp sponsors account for 20 of the sessions to be recorded. The remaining 16 sessions are still open and available!Read more
We are looking for a Drupal 7 Themer. This person must have expertise in converting mockups into HTML templates using CSS, the primary responsibility will be the creation of a Omega sub-theme. This person must also be versed in mobile configuration of the theme and the internal workings of Drupal 7.
The Right Person:
Understand template.php and how it is used with preprocess functions
Drupal Points of Interest: Panels, Views, Regions, Blocks, Context, Features, Image Styles (ImageCache)
Join us on Thursday, March 28th, 2013, 6:30pm at Ryan's Village Pizza in Cocoa Village for another one of our bi-monthly meetups.
The main topics have not yet been decided, but I'm sure we'll spend a few minutes talking about:
- Florida DrupalCamp 2013: http://fldrupalcamp.org
- Coding for a Cause
Other potential topics include:Read more
All welcome to the April 2nd @ 6:30pm Sarasota Drupal user group meeting.
we are meeting at Square1 across from Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
we will have some "how do I do this time" and a topic TBA.
Drupal plus good burgers and drinks ... you can't go wrong.
Florida DrupalCamp is less than 1 month away, and the early-bird price of $20 is currently in effect! Register Today!
This is our fifth year, and this year's camp is going to be bigger and better than ever before - here's just a few things to look forward to:
1. Keynote: Ryan Szrama from Commerce Guys!
Ryan Szrama will be presenting this year's keynote session! If you have done anything remotely related to e-commerce and Drupal, you have used Ryan's code. Ryan is the VP of Community Development at Commerce Guys, Drupal Commerce Project Lead, and a contributing author to "The Definitive Guide to Drupal 7" book. For more info on Ryan, see http://fldrupalcamp.org/news/fldc-2013-pleased-welcome-ryan-szrama-keynote-speaker
2. Six session tracks including "Site Building", "Design, Theming, and Usability", "Sessions off the Drupal Island", and a dedicated beginner track!
Florida DrupalCamp will have 6 sessions tracks to meet everyone's needs. We've already had over 20 session submissions (including some really amazing ones!). Take a look at http://fldrupalcamp.org/program/sessions
3. Beautifully Designed, Limited Edition T-shirt!Read more
If you are a Drupal Professional and would like to work along side other Drupal Professionals come out and cowork with us. We'll be at Downtown Credo on March 29th, 2013 in the back room all day long (The Credo back room cost will be covered by Mediacurrent.)
Credo does serve coffee and pastries (food, coffee and meals are the responsibility of the attendees.) We'll most likely be eating lunch within walking distance of Credo but you are welcome to bring your lunch if you wish.Read more
Title: Sr. Drupal / Module Developer
Location: South Florida or Easter Time Zone
Term: 4+ month project
Job Summary:Read more
During this webcast, our presenter will cover several key concepts related to building rich internet Apps with Drupal & HTML5. These include: Making a website cross-browser compatible; Making a website look and behave like a desktop application; Making the application work on Android iOS and Windows Phones; and, Updating and adding new features.Read more
I had reserved the back room in Denny's in Casselberry for the 3rd Monday for March through June through CFCS. There had been some discussion last month about meeting in March (18th), but I have not seen any discussion since.
Are we going to meet or should I cancel the backroom for March or all of the months? The time reserved is 7:00, but those who want to eat can get there early (I will be there by 6, so I am served and done eating by 7, but that is not necessary.). If we are meeting, I will bring a projector & screen.Read more
We held our Broward Drupal monthly meetup on Wednesday, March 13th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
Remote participant(via Skype and Join.me):
Miami Beach - Dan Denysenko
Broward - Ben Groenevelt @dropfoundry
In Person (Greater Fort Lauderdale, Broward County Florida):
Jay Epstein @jeppy64, Phil Smith @siliconvalet, Jeff Locke @adoptek and me @hectoriribarne
Whats this about?
We are organizing a group of people who will arrive in Portland early to go hike Mt Hood.
- Arrival: I (and others) will arrive in Portland on Thurs May 16th
- Accomodations: TBD. But most likely this cabin or similar.
- Day Activities: Heavy duty hiking
- Night Activities: Beer, steak, and Drupal
- Costs: If we fit four people into the previously mentioned cabin, the rental costs will be ~$150 per person for the entire 3 nights. Plus we will need food, drink, incidentals, etc. Budget around $300 or so.
- Departure: We depart for Portland proper Sunday morning.
- Who can come: More the merrier. We can always rent more cabins. We can arrange rides from the airport together etc.
What you need to do
Post below to show interest. Tell us the following:
- When are you going to arrive?
- Do you want to stay in a cabin with someone?
- What is your favorite beer? Yes, you will be judged :)
- Also, help us spread the word! Tweet, email this link to all your Drupal-buddies (drupaddies?)!
This is all subject to change, but my plan is to hike mostly day-trails. 10 miles and less.To get a good idea of cool trails, check out http://alltrails.com/search?q=mount+hood%2C+or
Here is a draft version of a project description discussed at the Brevard MeetUp on March 12, 2013. Please feel free to comment, critique, correct, suggest and add. If you are interested in participating or learning more, please provide your name, email and area of interest.
Florida Greenways Project
The Florida Greenways Project is a volunteer effort to construct a dynamic, interactive Drupal Community Website for the Florida segment of the East Coast Greenway.Read more