Well-established and respected GLBT (Gay Lesbian Bi, Trans.) web presence is in need for one or more VOLUNTEER DRUPAL developer(s) for some minor modifications of our web site. This is an informational/media site, NO ADULT CONTENT IS EVER PROVIDED! WE ARE NOT A PORN or DATING SITE! We are a safe haven for all ages and backgrounds and we provide news and information that ranges from serious news, community based events, to arts and entertainment. We have been online for over a decade and have provided a proven positive impact on the GLBT community in the United States and Internationally.
Urgent Needed changes:
1. Page layout changes, especially with regard to positioning of visual elements such as pictures and other relatively minor thematic changes. (Most are CSS changes and Composite Layout modifications.)
2. Service Link Module modification and development. (We wish to add some Social Media outlets that are not included in the core module. See http://drupal.org/project/service_links for details.)
We estimate a need of approximately 12 hours of time (probably less) for all desired changes. Persons with experience with one skill set, i.e. module modification will be considered for the module portion of this project, and if you are a dedicated themer, you can be a part of that portion of the project. All development will be done on our testing web instance and then moved to production after through testing and quality checks. All work can be done remotely and the developer(s) will be given total access and tools necessary to perform the requested tasks. We prefer that all interested developers be in the San Francisco Bay Area, but it is not required. All qualified candidates will be considered.
As a not-for-profit website, we are unable to pay anyone for this project, but may be able to work something out as far as advertising exchange if you work for a GLBT friendly company or are a freelance Drupal developer / web business owner. If desired, we will give you total credit to the work that you do, or you may perform the work anonymously if you choose.
• Drupal Theming (Prefer Fever and/or Zen themes)
• Drupal CCK
• Drupal Views
• Drupal Core (Prosepoint experience very desirable, but not required)
• Page layout/Composite layouts
• Drupal module modification and/or development,
• MySQL (Drupal using Postgre also acceptable.)
• Ability to work on a reasonable timeline
• Working online examples of work with Drupal.
• You must be able to work using your own equipment; we cannot provide hardware or software to develop. Most of the development tools we use are Open License and free.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS CONSIDERED:
• Drupal 5/7. Other CMS experience may be considered, but we are a Drupal shop.
• Note - If you are a Drupal 7 developer, be aware that we are using Drupal 6! We are considering porting to D7 in the future, but that is not within the scope of this project.
Regardless of the technical background you bring, you MUST BE GLBT FRIENDLY!
CURRENT SITE CONFIGURATION (Shared Hosting - LAMP):
My SQL 5.0.91
Platform: Drupal 6.19 pp1/Prosepoint 0.37
Primary Theme: Fever 6.x – 1.5 (Modified)
Standard public Drupal modules with little to no modification (no customized modules in use.)
Self hosted OpenX 2.8.5 Ad services.
There are other projects that we are considering for the future, so if you have any additional skills that you wish to showcase, feel free to share them with us.
If you are interested in helping the GLBT community and/or wish to advance your Drupal skills, please forward your resume and include current existing online examples of work done. We desire to make these changes as soon as possible, so if you are interested, or have additional questions, let us know.