TO: Prospective Drupal Developers
FROM: Game Face Web Design, Contractor
RE: Bids for Ajax Form Development / Custom File Download View Project
RFP DATE: May 30,2011
BIDS DUE: June 7, 2011
WORK DUE: July 1, 2011
Background: CLIENT is creating an events/directory site using Drupal 6.x based on the Open Publish distribution. Relevant content types include EVENTS and VENUES. VENUE nodes store location information using the LOCATION module in order to generate GMAP displays. CLIENT requires date from website to be exported to print publication.
Need: Ajax form coding for EVENT node creation needs to look up location field data (CITY, STATE, ZIP) from VENUES to populate EVENT fields. CITY and STATE are text fields used for URL ALIAS building and VIEWS filtering; ZIP CODE is a LOCATION field used to show events by proximity to user’s zip code.
- AJAX ON EVENT SUBMIT: on NODE/ADD/EVENT, data for CITY, STATE and ZIP CODE needs to be retrieved from VENUE nodes selected from a NODE REFERENCE field dropdown list. CITY and STATE should populate CCK TEXT FIELDS; ZIP CODE should populate a LOCATION FIELD.
- CUSTOM “REVERSE PUBLISH” VIEW: For the purpose generating data for import to our print publication, we need a view developed with complex file specs. See attachment.
DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT: We will provide the selected developer(s) SSH / SFTP/PHPMyAdmin.
Game Face Web Design will subcontract this project to the lowest-bidding yet qualified proposer. Qualification will be conducted via email, referencing relevant past work and Drupal.org profiles.
To submit your bid or request clarification, please contact
Bram Moreinis, Principal
Game Face Web Design
RFP as PDF attached below.
ATTACHMENT A: EVENTS DATA EXPORT VIEW “Reverse Publish”
VIEW will filter by DATE RANGE (e.g. July 2011) and TAXONOMY TERM (e.g. “For Print”)
VIEW should generate a downloadable text file with the following structure for each event. Note the punctuation and spacing between fields and the carriage return after <Event Name> only. The other fields will wrap as needed.
INDIVIDUAL EVENT LISITING FORMATTING:
<Event Start Time>-<Event End Time>, <Event Price>. <Event PRINT Description>. <Venue Name>, <Venue City>, <Venue State – IF NOT NY>. <Venue Phone>. <Venue URL>.
EXPORT FILE FORMATTING:
Events need to appear in alphabetical order by Category and then in alphabetical order by Event Name. The output needs to be formatted as follows:
<Date> * (See notes below)
<Event Category> A - EG: Music
<Event Listing> A
EG: Neko Case
7:00pm, $35.00. Neko Case will be appearing for one night only. Bearsville Theater, (845) 334-9000. www.bearsvilletheater.com.
<Event Listing> a
<Event Listing> b
<Event Category> B
<Event > a
<Event Category> C
<Event Listing> a
<Event Listing> b (etc.)
- If any value is blank, move to next field.
- If a category contains no results, move to next category.
- <date> should be in this format: Wednesday 16, Saturday 12, etc .