Z, INC., a professional services firm, has an immediate opening for a full-time experienced Senior Web Developer to lead the transformation of a top government agency using new web technology including Drupal WCMS, improving their processes for producing the site’s content, and delivering the highest quality products to customers. Opportunity to create, develop, and implement technology solutions on a large scale for a broad constituency and international audience. Ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, innovative ideas and enthusiasm, to play an important lead role within a collaborative and friendly web team and flexible work environment.
Project Responsibilities include:
• Implementation, integration, and customization of the Drupal WCMS
• Web application development in PHP (developing new apps and rewrites of existing ColdFusion apps)
• Front-end scripting to create interactive features such as www.eia.gov/finance/markets.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field OR equivalent experience 5-10 years of experience in Web and Database Development
• Web application development in PHP (at least 5 years)
• Expert-level proficiency in PHP/SQL and database design. SQL database expertise (mySQL preferred) - (at least 5 years)
• Expert-level proficiency in Drupal WCMS Administration, Theming and Module Development
• Experience working with large amounts of data preferred
• Drupal WCMS – install, configure, integrate, customize (experience with multiple installs desired)
• Proven experience working in a LAMP environment
• Experienced with internal workings of Drupal Core (actions, triggers, how pages are constructed/cached, etc.)
• Experience in deploying a Drupal project across multiple environments (Development, Staging, Production, etc.)
• Experienced with branching/tagging/release management using revision control
• Skill/experience in HTLM/XHTML, MXL, CSS
• Familiarity with web and Section 508/accessibility standards
• Experience building Web Services a plus
• Experience with ColdFusion a plus.
• Strong Database Schema Design and Development skills
• Experience with Cold Fusion Integration
• Experience creating accessible web sites per ADA Section 508 and W3C WCAG
• Oracle experience
• Excellent communication skills; proactive and adaptable in a deadline-driven environment with the ablility to quickly & accurately grasp business requirements
• Excellent team player and collaborator
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Innovative in approach to technical problems.
• Strong attention to detail and to quality assurance/testing procedures
• Applies industry standard approaches and best practices to work and
A sample portfolio of web work is required.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits package
Send resume to:
Fax: (301) 495-7735