Vivakos, Inc., a leading integrator of open source and open standards based Web applications, is seeking talented and motivated PHP / Drupal developers with 3+ years experience.
As a Developer, you will design and implement Web applications for our customers, usually involving content management platforms such as Drupal. In addition, Developers may also serve in a product development capacity building marketable, integrated, packaged best-of-breed open source applications. Developers will be responsible for the planning, designing, coding, testing, and support of Web-based business applications. Candidates must be able to work autonomously and in team environments.
- Deep experience coding web applications in PHP is a must.
- Experience building modules for Drupal is a huge plus. (some coding experience with Drupal is required)
- Some experience with Java/J2EE is helpful but not required.
- Working knowledge of any object-oriented programming languages is a plus.
- Willingness to apply current coding knowledge to new programming languages.
- Must feel comfortable using various target Operating Systems such as Linux, Solaris, and Windows.
- A demonstrated understanding of SQL.
- Database experience with one or more of the following: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or Oracle.
- Experience with document management systems is helpful.
- Experience installing, configuring, and customizing Alfresco (i.e., developing against the API) would be very valuable, though it is not required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Fluency in English is critical (both oral and written).
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a larger team.
- Ability to document software specifications and write technical papers, reports, and client deliverables.
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple concurrent project tasks.
- Willingness to learn and apply new software development tools, technologies, and methodologies.
Please note: This is a posting for a full-time hire, though temporary contracts directly with individuals will be considered. Corporate-to-corporate contracts, however, will not be considered.