http://www.nylug.org/ is the group. (Currently the site is custom PHP, but there is also a plan to revamp the site using a modern CMS/CMF, and this job board creation task could possible fall into that or could be a standalone site).
I see that there are a number of options in the Drupal world for doing this and was was wondering which module or modules would be best for this, and if anyone wants to help. (We are an all volunteer organization without a budget.)
I saw this and it seems like a decent starting place: http://groups.drupal.org/nyc/jobs and also noticed a number of different options on drupal.org, but we are looking for something pretty specific. Requirements as follows:
- Subscription/account for employers/recruiters (minimizing recruiters). Account must be confirmed by the typical mail sent, mail received by person, email is clicked, voila.
Job posting is submitted
Minimum criteria must be met (employer, platform, technology, location, comments, who to contact).
Job posting is held until approved
Approver approves, posting gets sent to nylug-jobs, and appears on the jobs board.
Interested parties can submit a resume via the jobs board (which will get sent to the email address used by the employer when
registering). Possibly similar registration for users should be used for this feature.
Employer can mark the position as fulfilled, and either continue to have it be listed for a time (e.g. so people who were interested won't just see it disappear).
After a set time, the job will expire unless the employer updates it (e.g. email saying "your job post at nylug.org will expire in 7 days if you do not click here<...>")
2) Management: jobs need to be approved so that we don't end up getting the web 2.0 equivalent of "VB.NET programmer must have 3 years minimum java and exchange admin experience send resume to". We were providing feedback to employers to help them hook up with our community and to let them know how to get a better response from our members.
3) Categories of jobs: freelance, full-time, contract/sub-contract, programming, sysadmin, etc. We want to make it easier for both employers and seekers to categorize
4) Logging of data about jobs and respondants - how many people have looked at a job post, and when, and how many submissions, etc. were there. We want to have records of who is getting a good reponse, and who is responding. We need to know what kinds of jobs are getting responses and in the end whether people are finding jobs. The purpose of this is to know whether jobs is getting a response from the users. Should we be getting posts from different employers, and are they seeking things that our members can provide?
5) Simple import+export of jobs and info. Moving this should be easy if we want to do something different in 2 years.
6) Usable by both a recruiter, and a linux geek.