The Georgia Straight, is seeking an experienced and innovative Drupal Developer to join our Web Department for a 6 month position. The successful applicant will become part of an elite team tasked with development, implementation, and optimization of custom applications for our website. The successful candidate will need to have extensive professional experience with Drupal installation, maintenance, and performance optimization - and be able to develop code that is tightly integrated with the system.
Experience porting Drupal 6 to 7 is highly preferred. Working with the web team, and using a variety of programming languages and
software, this person will ensure that projects are approached with creativity and professionalism and completed according to established timelines.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND DUTIES:
• Develops detailed prototypes and interfaces for website applications
• Designs, constructs and manages MySQL databases
• Manages and maintains web server staging and production environments (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
• Creates and maintains database-driven web applications using appropriate programming/scripting languages (including PHP)
• Integrates online applications with various client back-end systems
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent knowledge of Drupal back-end systems
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and pick up new technologies quickly
• Understanding of cross-browser & cross-platform compatibilities
• Self-motivated, analytical, and very detail-oriented
• Experience with Drupal CMS is essential
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume including salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.