Altarum Institute has an immediate opening in our Washington, DC office for a Web Developer with a minimum of five years’ experience in the end-to-end design and development of both large- and small-scale, open source applications. Specifically, this position is for a PHP/MySQL programmer with strong experience in Drupal development. The successful candidate should be a highly skilled developer/programmer, with a strong understanding of design principles, information architecture, interface design patterns, usability best practices, environmental implementation, application documentation, 508 compliance, etc. This individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment that will require managing multiple concurrent projects, while maintaining extreme attention to detail on each one. It is essential that this candidate have the ability to thrive in a team environment, yet be self-guided.
This position requires someone who has a passion for development and design as well as coding. The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator with all levels of personnel, with the ability to explain technology to non-technical staff and clients in an understandable, effective manner. While the individual needs to operate at a high level, he/she will be primarily responsible for hands-on development work to ensure that initiatives of the project, and the mission of the organization, are continually carried forth.
Interested candidates should apply directly at: https://jobs-altarum.icims.com/jobs/2110/job
For more information please contact email@example.com.
KEY ROLES & FUNCTIONS
• Guide clients through site development and documentation processes, such as:
needs assessment, storyboarding, architecture/site mapping, and defining functional requirements.
• Implement creative, reliable solutions based on project specifications and business requirements.
• Implement custom Drupal modules, and extend existing modules in order to fit specific client site
• Manage and maintain multiple Drupal sites concurrently, each with different structures and requirements.
• Create, manage, and administer multiple MySQL databases
• Deliver compelling UI designs/layouts that adhere to client technical specifications & branding, W3C usability standards, and 508-compliance requirements.
• Produce clear and concise technical documentation
• Work as part of a team or as an individual as dictated by project requirements and deadlines.
• College degree, with 5+ years’ experience in the development of open source, CMS-driven applications
• Very strong PHP/MySQL experience
• Very strong Drupal development/programming experience
• Strong experience in server-level administration of PHP/MySQL, CMS-driven sites
• Experience in managing a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) web server using SSH/PuTTY as well as various web-based applications;
• Experience with basic Microsoft Office products;
• Strong visual design skills;
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit research and innovation institution with nearly 60 years of success in serving the public good by solving complex systems problems to improve human health - integrating research, technology, analysis and consulting skills.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V