I'm looking to add a simple search box (city name OR postcode in same box), which when entered by a user (including anonymous users) will then pass Geocoded data directly to an Openlayers map (or via a View if needs be) for that location. The map will then show a marker on that spot, and will center the map.
Some of my failed attempts include:
- Global Filters module which will work for Post codes only
- Geocoder Autocomplete module which works well for data entry, but I can't see an easy way to Geocode the result as a node to work with Openlayers.
- HTML5 within Openlayers works well, but I can't see an option for a text form/search box
- Openlayers Proximity (and Openlayers Locator) seems very buggy (and is still in sandbox)
- GeoNames requires a 3rd party subscription (and I'm not sure this would work)
- Getlocations requires Getlocation fields in my nodes: this then doesn't integrate with other fields (eg Addressfield and Geocoder which I'm using elsewhere)
Any thoughts gratefully appreciated! Thanks!