Working at extending tests for the Fivestar, Video modules
first 2 weeks + bonding: first patchfirst patch for the email module, together with a test suite
- June 8: patch for the link module, together with a test suite
- June 15: microdata integration for date ranges in the date module, with test suite
- June 22: test suite for microdata integration for the geofield module
- June 29: microdata integration for the birthdays module, together with test suite
- July 6: microdata integration for the video module
- July 13: microdata integration for the fivestar module
- post-midterm: testing as part of the patches, refine tests, work with module developers to make sure the patches get committed
Microdata is a way of marking up HTML so that parts of a page can be reused across different sites and services. It has gained widespread adoption due to Google, Bing, and Yahoo’s use of it for their Schema.org initiative. Drupal has been recognized as a leader in using microdata for practical applications, and articles on the topic have been published in IBM’s developerWorks.
In order to get proper microdata output for Drupal’s fields, each field type needs to be modified to support microdata configuration and the field formatter needs to be modified to place microdata output.
This project will add support for microdata to field types in contrib. Between 20-40 of the most used field types will be selected. I will work directly with module maintainers to assess their interest in adding microdata support to their module, and will also work with maintainers to ensure that patches are to their standards and get committed.