MIND Informatics develops and applies integrative computational methods in biomedical and brain research, working with leading clinicians and researchers to understand and cure neurological disorders. We are part of the MassGeneral Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease, and the Massachusetts General Hospital. We are funded by Federal and private charitable grants.
We are looking for a full time web developer to join our team based in Cambridge, MA. You will work in direct collaboration with the project lead of the next generation of the Science Collaboration Framework. You contributions will have a direct impact on the product as you will participate in the design and implementation phases.
The ideal candidate will match the following requirements:
- Drupal experience of 2 to 3 years
- 3+ year of experience in the web development industry
- LAMP stack master, in particular PHP and MySQL
- familiar with Git
- appreciation for general programing best practices: document your own code, testing, etc.
- can survive the WSOD
- attention to detail
- quick learner with good communication and problem solving skills
- passionate about building tools to enable online collaboration
- interested in Open Standards and new web technologies (HTML5, CSS 3, Semantic Web)
- able to take initiatives and responsibilities in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
- excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of an Open Source community such as Drupal (where contributions matter)
Ideally, the ideal candidate will:
- have decent web design skills
- be confident with the command line and Linux system administration (Debian)
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Please send resume (PDF preferred), letter of interest, examples of work including code you wrote, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No recruitment agencies or other related services please!