0203 249 8325 - email@example.com
An exciting opportunity for a Drupal expert to who can establish best-practice, manage module selection and make appropriate architectural and technical approach decisons, to join OpenBet Product Engineering and help to deliver the next generation of OpenBets market leading Sportsbook product suite, leading a team of developers producing a white branded product based on Drupal for the delivery of some of the largest e-commerce gaming websites in the world.
• Building new functionality for some of the largest e-commerce gaming websites in the world.
• Manage a team of 2-8 developers.
• Develop and manage end-to-end technical projects and ensure on-time delivery.
• Become a primary point of contact for and maintain strong direct relationships with Product Management and other internal and external stakeholders, and key clients.
• Lead design and code reviews and enforce coding standards
• Identify and address performance bottlenecks in the software on the live site, debugging issues in real-time.
• Manage live releases during short downtime windows.
• Designing solutions that are compatible with the strategic direction of the company.
The candidate must have
• Good people management skills including experience managing developers.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
• Experience interacting with customers and business stakeholders.
• Good knowledge of large-scale website architectures and technology stacks, for this role Drupal specifically
• Experience with various development methodologies; Agile, TDD or Waterfall.
• Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) website design.
• Demonstrable talent coding in PHP
• Excellent Unix/Linux skills.
• Database design skills (any vendor), preferably MySQL
• Ability to multi-task and rapidly switch contexts
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
• 5+ years of experience building web applications
The candidate should also have a few of these at least
• Performance tuning skills, including refactoring, code profiling and monitoring.
• Website development skills HTML, HTML5 and CSS
• Web technologies and internet protocols (XML, HTTP, TCP/IP)
• Release management and configuration management experience.