The Chicago Drupal community has a long and colorful history. It is one of the most vibrant around the country, and possibly the world. We have been long time attendees and members of the Chicago Drupal Meetup Group.
We see a need in the Chicago community for an advanced Drupal meetup. Somewhere we can get together and talk about solving the hard problems developers face - empty() vs isset(), cron or rules scheduler, apache vs nginx. In addition we wanted to help ramp people up to contribute to Drupal core using the Drupal Ladder program. Finally, we wanted people to have access to a broad range of Drupal related content.
- Support a growing and diverse Drupal community in Chicago
- Focus on advanced topics for Drupal architecture, development, and DevOps
- Help developers extending Drupal into application and product building
- Help coordinate local sprints and hackathons for larger contributions
- Help contribute to open data initiatives within Chicago
- Help support local groups for other open source communitities
Our primary goals:
Although the CADUG is geared towards advanced Drupalists, we enourage those from all areas to attend and learn with us. Our goal is to compliment existing meetups and create an open community among local professionals working with Drupal as their vocation.
We meet on the Last Tuesday of every month.
Our Inagural Meetup will be Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 at 7pm
For more info, join us on Meetup.com! Chicago Advanced Drupal User Group