The Senior Drupal Developer will be responsible for working with other team members to develop high availability Drupal infrastructure for Duke University Health System. This individual should have experience working on large Drupal environments with the appropriate mix of development and system administration capabilities. This candidate should be able to work with minimal direct supervision to design and implement this environment according to Duke security standards. She/he will have proven experience defining systems and application architecture and provide vision, problem anticipation, and problem solving ability to the organization. The analyst will work closely with various technical and functional teams to define needs or problems, conduct research, obtain data, and analyzeproblems to advise on or recommend solutions. This person will perform any or all of the following specific functions:
- Work with business users to understand the system requirements and recommend technical solutions within the Drupal framework.
- Act as an authority and provide technical leadership on Drupal and related technologies.
- Understand the standards and best practices for both PHP and Drupal development and implement them within DHTS's infrastructure.
- Work to automate system administration and site provisioning tasks.
- Review, understand, and document the current system architecture. Design and implement system improvements proactively.
- Work to develop appropriate monitoring and site health metrics, to identify and mitigate problems before they happen.
- Develop custom solutions in the Drupal platform, when needed.
- Improve the security, scalability, and usability of existing Drupal infrastructure.
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 5 years of experience working on large, consumer facing, high traffic web sites
- 3 years of experience developing web sites in Drupal, preferably working with Drupal 7 for at least 1 year. Should have experience working on a large and high availability Drupal environment.
- Custom module development, core API, CCK, Views
- GNU/Linux, Apache, and MySQL
- CVS, SVN, or other popular source control tools
- Understanding of web development best practices and software development life cycle
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- LAMP stack administration skills, including configuring these systems for high availability such as Apache configuration, MySQL optimization, etc.
- Linux scripting skills, including bash scripting
- Load balancing configuration and design
- Aegir / Drush set up, configuration, and maintenance
- Basic theming / CSS experience
Other Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Local candidates only. On site work is required.