Zappos IP, Inc. is looking for a Drupal Front-End Developer!
Why join us? In January 2012, Zappos.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries were named #11 on the 2012 Fortune: 100 Best Companies to Work For List.
Why else? We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
And… we’re hiring like crazy right now, and looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class, fairly wacky team.
Oh, and one more thing! Cover letters are cool but do you know what’s even cooler? Show us who you are with a cover letter VIDEO! You will be able to upload one when applying for this position. (Video cover letters are not required, but if you wanna do one, we wanna see it.)
You'll be tackling big and little projects that are fun, challenging and span the spectrum of front-end development. Sometimes the deadlines are tight, but that's why we're looking for people with great personality who are team players. When a project is done, we'll celebrate, enjoy the view and look forward to the next project--wiser and stronger than before.
We're a casual dress, fun, thriving company with a great work environment and plenty of growth in our future. If we've sparked your interest, drop us an email with your resume and a portfolio of developed sites or applications and we'll talk.
- Building small and large web applications and sites using Drupal
- Custom theming of Drupal templates
- Scoping projects and requests involving Drupal and various proprietary technologies
- Semantic HTML/CSS coding/updating for assigned projects
- Interaction with UX team and business users
- Daily maintenance/updates to existing sites
- Willing to relocate to Las Vegas area
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Web Development or combined equivalent of education and/or experience is required
- Ability to write standards-based, semantic HTML and CSS
- Experience working with PHP and MySQL
- Ability to leverage Content Management Systems by customizing functionality
- Experience working with third-party APIs
- Solid foundation in UNIX and LAMP tech stack
- Good understanding of cross-browser issues and their workarounds
- Comfortable working in a *nix environment and using gnu tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Consistency with and exemplification of our Core Values
- Must be a team player and open to change
- Fun and friendly attitude
- Strong portfolio required**
- Strong understanding of Drupal's hooks system, coding standards, and theming layer
- Experience creating Drupal modules
- Solid understanding of setting up a new Drupal installation (from setting up a web server to configuring PHP alongside Drupal)
- Experience with Git versioning
Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- Thorough knowledge of HTTP
- Hobbit-like accuracy with a Nerf gun
- Can answer the following: Radiohead: Great band, or the greatest band?
**Please provide a portfolio of sites developed, either online or with attached files.
Relocation assistance is available.
Zappos IP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.