Conservation Strategy Fund (www.conservation-strategy.org) is looking for an experienced, creative and reliable Drupal Developer to provide expertise and technical support to our Web Manager in the management and troubleshooting of our Drupal 6 website. This person will also help with further functionality enhancements and general site expansion. The site was originally programmed by Bevan Rudge (previously of CivicActions) and is well-built and easily maintainable.
Duties of the Drupal Developer include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support for problem resolution for the Web Manager, staff and users of website;
- Maintain, troubleshoot and support the technical components of the website (i.e. working with i18n, Salesforce integration, webforms and other communication and contact modules);
- Troubleshoot issues with security/privacy policies, user accounts, access rights, passwords, etc.;
- Solve any theming problems with current site;
- Help Web Manager with search engine optimization (SEO), site accessibility issues, and other mechanics of good website management; and
- Implement upgrade to online Analysis Tool.
This position balances technical and design skills to create polished, effective web pages and tools. The Drupal Developer will also have developer skills to build dynamic web tools and implement new web interfaces for existing applications on the Drupal platform. The successful candidate must be a great communicator and be able to work with an international and geographically dispersed team.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and characteristics:
- Fluent in Drupal and programming in PHP
- Advanced Drupal theming skills including CSS3 & HTML
- Database management and manipulation, including SQL
- Understanding of SEO techniques and how to implement them in Drupal
- Expertise with i18n in Drupal
- Experience with CRMs, especially Salesforce
- Experience with web applications, online communications, social networking applications, and current web technologies
- 2 or more years of web development experience
- Some design background or experience
- Good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills; ability to interact collaboratively with a small staff with diverse concerns and needs in multiple countries
- Ability to work independently, but also part of a team
- Ability to research, recommend and apply new emerging technologies
- Experience in the nonprofit sector a plus
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills a plus
- Flexible, adaptable, motivated and excited about our organizational mission
The Drupal Developer will work closely with our Web Manager in our Sebastopol, CA office. This contract position will entail approximately 10 hours per month on an ongoing basis. There will be an immediate need for 10-20 hours a week as we enhance and launch the 2.0 version of our online Analysis Tool. The Drupal Developer will telecommute but may also be asked to work on-site in our Sebastopol office as needed (Sebastopol is an hour north of San Francisco).
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and CV, with salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org.