Fertility Authority, LLC is looking for an experienced web developer to help lead the evolution of our core web products and services. The company is in the process of transforming it’s business model from pure advertising to pay-for-performance, which has led to the need to rebuild much of its core web presence, and created a need for a significant number of new products, features, and enhancements.
This small, but rapidly growing company seeks an individual that possesses the technical skills required to directly design, build, and implement many of the required changes, but who also has the willingness and ability to participate in other areas of the business including business planning and strategy, online marketing, and analytics. The ideal candidate is a generalist, with strong technical skills, who embraces the variety that is endemic to a small company, and is not hindered by the occasional lack of structure that also often exists.
- Review business requirements working with other team members
- Perform a technical analysis of requirements and produce a detailed technical design
- Write clean, modular, code to implement the desired requirements with little or no supervision
- Develop operational analytics and related reports
- Work with other members of the team to triage and fix bugs with rapid turnaround
- Oversee the work of technical contractors and miscellaneous outsourced work
- Contribute ideas for making our websites better and easier to use, and our products and services more attractive
- Other activities and responsibilities as deemed important by Company management and product managers
- CMS experience with Drupal (ideally version 7)
- Experience in online, direct response marketing, including transaction-focused (ecommerce or lead generation) sites a plus
- Front-end design and development skills and website administration experience a plus
- Experience with vBulletin a plus, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work without close direct supervision
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to bridge gaps between technical and non-technical professionals
- 3-6 years’ experience in web development (position level is dependent on prior experience and skills)
- B.S. in Computer Science or Information Technology (or similar)
- Formal training in PHP and (preferably) other scripting and/or programming languages
About the Company
FertilityAuthority, LLC, is the leading provider of reproductive health information in the U.S.. Our flagship sites, FertililityAuthority.com and FertileThoughts.com provide comprehensive information to more than 800,000 visitors a month, while helping connect consumers to doctors, clinics, and other specialists.
Fertility Authority was founded by a seasoned entrepreneur in 2008, is funded via outside investment, is profitable, and is located in New York City. We’re a growing company looking for talented individuals who want to contribute to, and share in the company’s success.