Trellon is looking for a junior developer to join a team of incredibly talented and motivated of elite Drupal professionals. We need people who can:
- Understand the goals and strategy behind each project from conception through completion. Our thoughtful, dedicated approach to working with clients is what sets us apart.
- Write clean, well-engineered code that conforms with accepted standards within the Drupal community, and test web applications. Drupal Developers set an example through strong quality assurance practices in their day to day work.
- Communicate effectively with project managers, technical leads, internet strategists, and other internal team members, as well as outside stakeholders. We want to maintain a positive, productive environment, and Drupal Developers are active in sharing knowledge across the organization and with our clients.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change. There is always a better way to do things, and Drupal Developers are instrumental in helping our team to become more productive.
Who is Trellon?
Trellon is a little different from other companies. There are a lot of reasons you might want to look at working with our team:
- We build awesome Drupal sites. Trellon delivers robust solutions on tight timeframes, which often include advanced components that go far beyond out of the box solutions. We are experts on thinking through challenges and developing thoughtful, sustainable solutions that are satisfying on so many levels.
- You work from home on your own schedule. Trellon is a virtual company, there's no boss looking over your shoulder telling you to turn off Oprah.
- You get to make the world a nicer place. 90% of our clients are non-profits, NGOs, associations, universities and other worthwhile organizations looking to do great things. The other 10% of our clients are doing something special with the Internet and are generally using it for really cool purposes.
- You get to learn something new. We have a fantastic team of smart people, all of whom enjoy sharing their knowledge, and our projects tend to be cutting edge affairs that involve unique, sophisticated technology challenges. We hire based on character just as much as technical competence.
- You get paid to contribute back to Drupal. Full time developers are paid to write patches, contribute modules, blog about cool topics, and generally act as a responsible open source people.
Who are you?
- You are curious and can figure things out. You are a troubleshooter.
- You are honest about what you know, what you don't know and are willing to learn.
- You are driven, enjoy a challenge, care about your work product.
- You are relatively new to development, but have completed some projects
- You know PHP. You don’t have to be an expert, but want to be. (minimum 1 year of PHP experience)
- You know MySQL
- You know about HTML, CSS and JS.
- You know what an API is.
- You know what a Drupal module is and how it differs from a theme. (minimum 1 year of Drupal Development)
- You've used versioning systems and understand GIT.
- You work well on a team and aren’t afraid of IRC.
- You have and can provide your Drupal.org username
- You have experience in caching methodologies like Memcache and Varnish
- Visible participation in your local Drupal scene. We support groups throughout North America and are always looking for ways to increase that support.
- jQuery and CSS development skills. We are always looking for people with a sense of style.
- Understanding of at least one CRM system. We work with a number of CRM solutions and you will likely be involved with setting one up.
- Experience with scalability issues and high performance web sites. Many of our sites need to scale to handle massive amounts of traffic.
- Technical documentation. We like concept diagrams, site maps, feature lists, data transformation tables, and anything else that provides transparency to our process.
- Writing skills. Articulate, clever people with their own opinions will find many outlets for their talents.
Want to apply?
Send a copy of your resume, a cover letter stating your salary requirements, and a list of links to sites you have built and your Drupal user profile to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com. Please also provide a code sample as well. If you want to have a quiet chat - look for me in #drupal-colorado in IRC. I am j_matthew_s