Graphic Designer/Web Designer/ Drupal Themer Posting Number: 12033
Help us provide the solutions that will make a difference.
If you’re willing to take on challenging and diverse assignments with a commitment to performance and quality, then BCS, Incorporated wants you to join its team!
Since 1989, BCS has been providing dynamic management consulting services to federal and state government agencies and private-sector organizations in the clean energy, environmental systems, health and nutrition, and homeland security sectors. Our award-winning services include analysis, business management, communications, information technology, and science and engineering.
Learn more about our company and the exciting opportunities we have to offer by visiting the BCS website.
Position Location: Laurel, MD or Arvada, CO or Pittsburgh, PA
BCS, Incorporated (BCS) is seeking the immediate support of a graphic designer with emphasis on web design, front-end development of CMS websites with Drupal.
This position requires a graphic designer with experience in graphic design and web design. The successful candidate must possess strong design capabilities, interpersonal skills, and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs. Candidates must also display creativity, the ability to quickly learn and integrate new tools and technologies to meet customer needs, time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects. Candidates must provide a portfolio that includes samples of past work.
The ideal candidate will be a visual designer who enjoys coding using web standards and the latest technologies, and is also a front-end developer who is passionate about designing forward-thinking, attractive, and user-friendly modern interfaces.
As a visual and interface designer, the right candidate should know what good usability is when it comes to designing websites and web applications, especially with regards to content presentation. Applicants must also have a high-level of competency in delivering standard-compliant code and have a strong understanding of content-driven sites.
• Design UI architecture, charts, wireframes, interaction flows
• Analyze user interface problems and create design solutions that meet business goals and requirements
• Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, client input, technical constraints and findings from usability testing
• Assist with front-end development of new sites
• Ability to create custom themes for content management systems, such as Drupal
• 1+ years of experience with Drupal theming, with strong knowledge of Drupal 7.
• Proactive engagement in project challenges and problem solving
• Participation in and engagement with the Drupal community
• Update and maintain existing sites including sites built with Drupal
• Contribute in brainstorming, planning, and strategy sessions
• Validate, debug, and troubleshoot issues
• Create designs and layouts for print including reports, factsheets, brochures, exhibits, infographics, etc.
• Create sophisticated and aesthetically appealing PowerPoint templates and PDF presentations
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In-Design, Acrobat, and Dreamweaver/HTML & CSS and web standards
• Strong understanding of graphic design, typography and layout
• Interested in and ability to learn new technologies
• Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines on a variety of tasks
• Take direction well, but be self-driven.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Power Point
• Bachelors in relevant field required
• Communication -- can express ideas verbally and in writing
If you have experience in one or more of the following, we would be thrilled:
• Solid PHP knowledge and knowledge of the Drupal theme layer, including theme function overrides, preprocess and process.
• Experience in creating training modules with Adobe Captivate
• Experience creating interactive Flash applications with Adobe Catalyst
• Experience designing master pages for ASP.NET web applications and working experience in VisualStudio
• Working experience with data visualization and mapping technologies like Google Maps, Google API, MapBox and other relevant tools and technologies
• Experience designing and/or developing mobile web applications with HTML5 and CSS3
To apply for this position, follow this link to Recruit Wizard. Please include your cover letter in the same file as your resume and complete the online questionnaire: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1779351