Webmaster/Drupal Assistant (Junior Consultancy)
ILC – International Land Coalition
Land Portal project
The Land Portal – facilitated by the International land Coalition (ILC) is the global gateway for land related information, aggregating information on land from multiple sources and building a specialized community of land experts from civil society organizations, governmental and intergovernmental institutions and academia. It is the result of a partnership of many organizations.
The Land Portal Coordination at ILC is looking for a webmaster/Drupal expert (Junior Consultancy ) for Land Portal content and technical related activities.
1. Diploma of completed studies at university level on Engineering, Mathematic, Computer Science or related matters.
2. Have a strong experience in developing websites using Drupal CMS with a proven experience as a Drupal custom themer and administrator
4. Knowledge of MYSQL
6. knowledge of server management (LAMP stock + Webmin) is desirable
7. Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of French and/or Spanish is desirable.
8. Strong interest in land and rural development issues.
9. Have authorization to work in EU countries.
10. Graphic design skills are desirable
The ideal candidate will:
• be able to work carefully, accurately and reliably;
• be a team player, able to work independently within a defined framework;
• proactively approach the daily challenges which arise;
• have worked in an international environment.
1. Qualitative and quantitative integration od open data: In close coordination with the LP coordinator, the consultant will support external open data integration. The consultant will liaise directly with third-party technical personnel, as well as conceptualize, develop and deploy integration mechanisms. Fine tune the integration of resources already integrated and make them functional and consistent with the overall LP layout. The consultant will support partner organizations in developing specific web services, APIs and land focussed RSS Feeds to be integrated into the LP.
2. Maps : Maps integration into Drupal CMS (i.e. http://gaez.fao.org/)
3. Fix and enhance website Drupal functionalities (this will involve the re-writing of Drupal modules when necessary), including the notification system, organic group function, search engine function (including the creation of a specific search engine for external databases), management of spam, and others. Update and upgrade existing Drupal functionalities. Ensure the proper functioning of the website (quality, speed, professionalism), administration of the database, and maintenance of the websites at the server, content and software level, including any code optimisation duties. Resolve any maintenance or server issues as needed.
4. After a proper assessment, migrate web content into the new dedicated server.
5. Land Portal website regular management and upgrading including management of users, taxonomy gardening. Monitor users traffic on Google Analytics and suggest technical solutions to increase visibility and website referencing. Send out the monthly update (manually) and monthly web statistic reports (automatic).
6. Support the design and implementation of new topic pages in collaboration with partner organizations. Act as technical support for all web design tasks and updating of content on the websites.
7. Support the design and implementation of comprehensive country pages (in close collaboration with Tactical Tech and an ad hoc working group to be set up).
8. Perform other duties as required.
The consultant will be working at ILC c/o IFAD HQs in Rome under the direct supervision of the Land Portal Coordinator in coordination with ILC secretariat staff.
This position will be staffed on a consultancy basis between October 2012, to January 2013 with the possibility of renewal. Candidates wishing to be considered for this work should send their CV and a letter of motivation to: Laura Meggiolaro – Land Portal Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline September 23th