Are you a front end web developer with excellent HTML and CSS skills? If so, you could join our TechCity team of Drupal enthusiasts!
Do you understand the need for web standards and how to use them efficiently? Do you have Drupal Theming skills or, if not, want to learn how to work with one of the fastest growing and most finely constructed open source web platforms?
We are looking for a HMTL/CSS front end guru with a solid foundation in web standards to work with our leading team of community experts.
You must possess a passion for what you do - excellent, standards compliant, cross browser front end development. Your ability to work with designers and developers using your clear and friendly communication skills is key. If you have Drupal Theming skills - great. If not - we will train you in one of the finest open source platforms around.
To apply for this role you will need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a high quality front end web development environment
- Some major URLs in your portfolio with significant demonstrable contribution from yourself
- Complete understanding of HTML markup and semantics
- The ability to write clean, tidy CSS and debug it where required
- The ability to communicate clearly and succinctly
- A sound approach to organising your own work
- The desire for continuous self improvement and a passion for learning
Nice to have:
- An understanding of mobile device markup
- HTML5 experience
- CSS3 experience
- Responsive/adaptive exposure/experience
- Experience building interfaces for online communities/social networks
- UX knowledge
About the role
This role is all about creating quality front end deliverables. You will work with designers (in-house and external) to turn a creative deliverable into a web standards compliant, validated HTML/CSS front end. Over the coming months - depending on your level of Drupal theming expertise we will also train you to create Drupal themes by combining your front end skills with Drupal's theming layer.
This is an excellent opportunity to upskill in Drupal or to improve your existing Drupal knowledge. You will also be involved in, and have a voice and input into, the strategy, scoping, planning and testing phase of the project life cycle. You will also work with our tester who will write test cases to help you validate any deliverables. The team is there ready for you to fit neatly into if you have the skills.
BrightLemon’s mission is to create social software that has a positive impact on society. With a current focus on education and charity our clients include the UK Department for Education, Viacom International Media Networks, Greater London Authority, Cambridge University, the British Council and TeachFirst
To apply please send your CV and 2 URLs explaining your work to: email@example.com