Senior Web Developer
Job Category: Computing/Information Technology
Unit: University Communications
Position Code: SSUC4224A
Closing Date: 10/09/2012
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The University of California, Merced is the newest and tenth campus of the University of California system and the first American research university built in the 21st century. With more than 5,600 students, UC Merced has planned for additional student growth until we reach an enrollment of approximately 25,000 students. With undergraduate, graduate, and PhD programs, plans for a future medical school program, partnerships and community involvement, the UC Merced campus is continually evolving, requiring talented, knowledgeable and dynamic educators, researchers, management and staff.
Experienced senior-level web developer responsible for web applications at UC Merced, including the Campus CMS framework and Infrastructure service (Drupal) and the campus' main Events Calendar. Residing within the Information Technology department, this position is fully dedicated to supporting University Communications in providing a campus-wide website offering and providing special website support to the three schools as directed by the Web Communications Manager in University Communications by developing and enhancing Drupal applications and services and maintaining Drupal installation profiles. The position will communicate regularly with personnel in University Communications to ensure projects remain on target. The position also works with counterparts at other universities and Drupal's open source community to develop expertise in UC Merced's Campus CMS framework and platform choices.
A background check is required.
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
• Requires thorough knowledge of applications programming function.
• Must have knowledge relating to the design and development of applications programs across the organization.
• Requires knowledge of other related areas of lT.
• Knowledge of department processes and procedures.
• Requires advanced skills associated with programming design, modification and implementation.
• Requires interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
• Understanding of modern application paradigms, such as Model-View-Controller; understanding of database referential integrity, normalization, transactional processing and indexing; experience with web service protocols; experience securing web services; proficiency in testing with tools and frameworks such as JUnit, HtmlUnit, Selenium; "*nix" administration and shell programming; understanding of version control software concepts such as branching and tagging; GIT experience.
If you do not have internet access you may mail your application, resume, and cover letter to: University of California, Merced, 5200 North Lake Rd., Merced CA 95343. Please list the job number on the subject line.
The University of California Merced is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity among its faculty, staff and students.
The University does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission to, access to, or operation of its instruction, programs, services or activities, or in its hiring and employment practices. The university provides reasonable accommodation to facilitate the participation of individuals with legally protected disabilities.