Part Time Flexible Hours Intern (approx. 20 Hours/Week for 3 months)
Pacific Tradewinds Hostel, LLC is seeking an experienced Drupal/PHP/MySQL developer intern for various Drupal and web related projects. Pacific Tradewinds Hostel is a small, social and vibrant community of international travelers in the heart of San Francisco. We have some great ideas to improve the world of hostels and need a smart, eager and innovative developer to help us bring it all together. You'll meet with me, the owner, several times a week at NextSpace CoWorking (28 2nd Street - your membership will be paid) to strategize and discuss the next steps of our web development projects. After that, you will be free to set your own hours (minimum 20 hours per week) to complete the project.
* 1+ years experience with Drupal CMS
* 1+ years with PHP & MySQL
* 3+ years of web development and server admin
* Experience with version control systems
* Ability to convert ideas into wireframes, logic flows, and (of course) websites
* Excellent communication skills (email, Google Docs, etc.)
* Ability to find and screen off-shore designers and programmers to support and supplement your work if necessary
* Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and work unsupervised
* Ability to meet deadlines, and follow projects through to completion
BONUS POINTS FOR:
* Enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science or similar field
* Extensive experience with Drupal
* Project management experience
* Including a portfolio or code samples with your application
* Love of travel and experience using hostels in your travels
* Paid Internship ($1,000 per month)
* Paid Membership and 24/7 access at NextSpace Co-Working (www.nextspace.us) collaborative workspace.
* Hostel Accommodation Possible
* Reimbursement of Local/Related Training/Seminars/Events Possible
* Access to my 20+ years of startup experience (I started Hostels.com in 1994!)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please study our website at http://www.san-francisco-hostel.com. Then send your resume and a cover letter clearly personalized for this opportunity to Darren Overby at firstname.lastname@example.org. The word “HostelsDrupal” must appear in the very beginning of your cover letter. Calls or emails directly to the hostel regarding this opportunity will disqualify the applicant.
A Drupal and PHP qualifications test will be required after initial screening of your application.