Senior Software Architect – PHP, OOP, Drupal, MySQL
c£45,000 - £55,000 DOE Plus Bonus (10% of salary), Share Options, Private Medicial Insurance
A superb opportunity has arisen for a Software Architect to join our client, a global provider of satellite data communications services to telecoms companies which use them to supply enterprise, institutional and consumer users.
This is the ideal role for a high calibre IT professional with superb development abilities and project and team management experience as well as OOP, Drupal, Networking (IP) and MySQL skills to join an industry-leading company.
As a Senior Software Architect, you will be responsible for leading a team of five software engineers tasked with the integration of various applications from a variety of suppliers into our client’s web-based business and operations support systems. This includes ensuring ease-of-use, security, scalability and a response to internal development requests.
In this role the emphasis will be on project management and team leadership, you will also undertake design and development tasks and will be expected to provide high-level support for internally developed systems.
Your other duties will include:
- Integrating a diverse network of management systems into our client’s business and operational support systems
- Enhancing the user interaction of our client’s operating systems at all levels
- Developing and improving interfaces for partners, suppliers and end-users, such as broadband customer portals
- Providing scalable web-based portals for partners and end-users
- Undertaking ad hoc internal development work
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Proven experience of team and people management
- Extensive experience of software development
- Experience of the application of Agile methods and TDD
- A proven track record of Drupal development
- Experience of scalable web software architectural design
- The ability to design and use web services, such as XML, RPC or SOAP
- Knowledge of web MVC frameworks
- A solid understanding of Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl and Shell Scripting
- A BSc in computer science
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- The ability to determine specific requirements from general descriptions.
- The ability to liaise with external suppliers
Familiarity with processing large databases would be beneficial to your application. Experience of any of the following would also be an advantage:
- Linux system administration
- Knowledge of web and/or command line automation
- Experience gained within a broadband ISP environment
- User interface design skills and knowledge of spread, SAP Business One, SSH and associated tools.