As a member of the Power-One Global Web Services team, the Web Developer will be responsible for the development and support of our existing Drupal systems, web and mobile application development using a strong background in Drupal, object-oriented design, application architecture and creation of and adherence to best practices. Formulate and define scope and objectives for our websites through research and fact finding to develop and/or modify existing web applications. Prepare detailed specifications from which web and mobile applications will be written. Collaborate with colleagues on continuously developing new and improved solutions for the Power-One brands.
- Create compelling and cutting-edge web & mobile applications
- Transform ideas, high-level business requirements, strategies, market trends, development standards and best practices into innovative mobile solutions
- Communicate and enforce code standards
- Organize and utilize project documentation (requirements documentation, briefs, timelines, SOWs, testing plans, etc.)
- Testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Researches new technologies, standards, and the unique features of competing sites.
- Create and maintain clear, concise documentation and user manuals
- Provides web related training and ongoing education to staff and volunteers about successful and strategic use of the Web as a communications channel.
- Custom programming and web application development
- Develop database-driven web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing.
- Develop external web portals allowing users to input and retrieve accurate information.
- Four or more years demonstrated development experience with multiple Drupal websites.
- Advanced-level proficiency with Drupal 6 & 7 architecture, module creation, integration, & customization.
- Strong Experience in Drupal Theme creation and modification
- Experience developing applications for social networks (Facebook, Open Social, etc) and cloud computing frameworks (Salesforce.com, Amazon Web Services, Google Apps)
- Candidates must provide samples of work.
- Demonstrated project management aptitude and skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with APIs - SFDC, WebEx, FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, etc.
- Experience with i18n & multi-lingual sites
- MySQL Database management
- Experience working in LAMP & WAMP environments required
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of professional standards and quality.
- Experience working with SVN, GIT, and Drush
- Experience dealing with multiple tier deployment (Dev, Stage, Production)
- Ability to function in a small team and wear many hats in order to get the job done
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, written and oral communications skills.
- Bachelors in Computer Science desired or a related field