Drupal developers are sought to the fast growing Drupal team of a major consultancy which is the premier Drupal capability for Enterprise customers. Its remit is to design, build and support some of the largest, most comprehensive and most innovative enterprise web and mobile platforms in existence online.
Developers are required at several levels of seniority and experience to add to the team, from those relatively new to Drupal having undertaken around 4 projects of full-time equivalent experience, through to project lead developers with considerable of development experience and 10+ projects using Drupal. All round developers, theming specialists, and back-end integration developers are all of interest.
Opportunities are available at several UK locations.
• To develop web and mobile platforms using Drupal within projects working for some of the largest blue chip organisations in the UK. Actively and proactively working closely with release project managers, solution architects, business analysts, testers and content/data migrations consultants, as well as the teams working on development and configuration of non-Drupal components such as the SaaS, Customer management and eCommerce components amongst others
• To review and contribute to direction and development of the web platforms aspects of the ‘Immediate Framework’, including the proportion of it that is appropriate to be contributed back to the community
• To network with other Drupal practitioners within the business in other geographies, primarily France, Holland and India initially who have existing PHP and Drupal teams, and other country operations as they are formed.
• Optional: To contribute to Drupal community modules, themes and projects
Mandatory skills and experience:
• Strong Drupal Configuration (Mandatory)
• Strong Drupal Development (Mandatory)
• Excellent knowledge of common Drupal Modules E.g. Views, CCK, OG, Taxonomy, Nodequeue etc (Mandatory)
• Strong General Web Dev – PHP5, SQL, DOM (Mandatory) other languages (Desirable)
• Strong Drupal Theming Experience - Advanced CSS and JQuery, 960gs, Fusion, Managing Multiple custom TPLs, Theming Panels and Views (Mandatory for Themers, Desirable for others)
• Linux/Unix familiarity (Red Hat emphasis) (Mandatory)
• MySQL Database management (Mandatory)
• Version control systems (SVN Mandatory, Git and others desirable)
• Web site creation and administration (Mandatory)
• Web site Navigation, and Taxonomy Management (Mandatory)
• Version control systems - SVN (Mandatory) Git and others (Desirable)
• Experience with Web Site Information Architecture (Mandatory)
• Complex applications integration (Desirable for Themers, Mandatory for others)
Desirable skills and experience:
• Complex Web Site Content migration (Desirable)
• Experience with Web Site Tagging and Analytics (Desirable)
• Awareness of Search Engine Optimisation (Desirable)
• Structured programme – some appreciation (Mandatory), expertise (Desirable)
• Agile Methodologies – some knowledge (Mandatory), expertise (Desirable)
• Other Enterprise-scale Drupal aspects: Multisite, Multi-language, Large Scale Configuration Management, Features, Reverse Proxies & Traffic Management, CDNs, Pressflow, Memcached, NOSQL etc (Highly Desirable)
• Other Cloud Development aspects: Configuration of Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3), Rackspace Cloud, VMWare vCloud, Google App Engine, VMForce etc (Desirable)
You will be working for a major consultancy which can offer genuine opportunities for career progression within an expanding business stream. The salary packages on offer are extremely competitive as would be expected from a business of this size and standing.