The Senior Developer, working independently, will develop, test, debug and document software components. This position will collaborate with product managers, creative designers, engineers and infrastructure teams to build a quality experiences for users. Developers design and develop; building and testing while tackling complex problems of scale. They work diligently to maintain compliant code web standards in the final product.
Essential Job Functions:
• Review and analyze complex process, system and / or data requirements and specifications across a major program or project or several small projects or programs.
• Serve as the technical subject matter expert for one or more areas for a larger system or multiple areas for smaller systems.
• Serve as the primary designer for complex component designs for one or more areas for a larger system or multiple areas for smaller systems.
• Build, test, deploy, and document complex software components for one or more areas for a larger system or multiple areas for smaller systems as well as, help others with theirs.
• Create software engineering strategies that help identify and mitigate risks.
• Lead other team members in peer review of code and identify re-usable frameworks.
• Interface with other team members and other teams in peer review of requirements, specifications and software.
• Document and communicate development status in a timely manner including metric reporting.
• Champion the collaborative resolution of defects.
• Direct internal process improvement initiatives. Provide feedback on processes by offering suggestions.
• Mentor and supervise junior staff in project-level tasks.
• Participate in external process improvement committees as a Development representative.
• Provide backup coverage for Delivery Lead.
• Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
• Ensure all work products meets /exceeds DOOR3 standards.
• 5 - 7+ years of professional work experience as a front end developer of web applications.
• 5+ years of experiencing coding rich, interfaces using JQuery, CSS or HTML (Expert hands-on knowledge of XHTML/CSS).
• 5+ years hands-on in C# programming and .Net Framework 3.5 and 4
• 3+ years SQL Server 2005 and/or 2008 (not as a DBA; for Database connectivity and some Stored procedures)
• Experience translating comps and wireframes into flexible, usable code templates.
• Strong working knowledge and adherence to web standards and best practices for load time reduction and accessibility.
• Solid understanding of application development lifecycle and agile project methodology.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Engineering or related field)
• Prior experience developing and enhancing multi-tier web based applications
Technical Skills: Strong Java script skills based on JQuery framework, Photoshop, Drupal, PHP, HTML, CSS, UML 2, ADO Entity Framework, LINQ, XML, TDD (Test Driven Development), Web Programming Skills, Teamwork, Good Verbal Communication, Web User Interface Design, Software Requirements, Software Development Process, Software Debugging.
SQL Server experience including:
• Overall knowledge of SQL Server
• Strong Procedures
• Must have implemented projects using SQL Server in .Net
• MVC, JQuery and SharePoint web parts