Be the Lead Software Engineer for an Innovative Startup
Join the team at Artify It and experience the opportunity to change the art world. Artify It is an early-stage startup in San Francisco bringing an entire new way of enjoying original art to everyone through Art Subscriptions. Over the past six month we've proven our innovative business model and launched a beautiful and unique website to discover and bring beautiful art into everyone’s homes and businesses.
Artify It has already gained worldwide recognition including being mentioned in the New York Times; has raised over a million dollars; and is backed by top Silicon Valley VCs such as Peter Thiel, founder of PayPal.
Artify It is now ready to grow, extend and make our platform more robust to optimize the experience and take advantage of the latest web technologies. As lead software engineer you'll help shape the user experience as well as the technical architecture of our site. The site is currently built on Drupal 6 but we are exploring options to rebuild on a new version or alternate platform (which you'll help choose!)
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to have a working prototype to learn from and still have the opportunity to write your own code in your favorite framework! And as the team grows, you'll have the opportunity to hire other developers to support the work you’ll be doing.
We’re looking for a rockstar engineer who has the skills to take a project from concept through completion. The right person should enjoy building and testing out new ideas quickly through working code and then polishing those features for release to the world. Of course, any software engineer should also be able to communicate effectively, document their code, work well under pressure, work well in teams, have a good sense of design and architecture, and be fanatic about test-driven development.
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience
- Experience with PHP (you can use other technologies, but the current prototype is written in PHP)
- Some Experience with Drupal preferred
- Expert skills in a modern web framework (Ruby on Rails, Drupal, etc)
- Expert jQuery and CSS skills
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience with version control using Git
- Experience with Facebook Graph development
- Experience with HTML5
- Willingness to work onsite in San Francisco full time
How to Apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Examples of recent work; we want to see your best code, and we want to see your successful projects in action
- Drupal.org username, GitHub or blog, anything that will help us get excited about hiring you