Getting back on track with presentations for January.
Agenda for January meetup:
-Presentation: Building a kickass Drupal dev environment. Jitesh Doshi will go over building a local environment for beginners and more advanced high performance environments:
- Web server: Nginx instead of Apache
- Database server: MariaDB instead of MySQL
- Installing WPN-XM package that includes most of the above.
- IDE - either Eclipse or NetBeans
- Database client - HeidiSQL instead of MySQL-Admin
- Command shell - Git Bash instead of Putty, because you need to SSH, but you also need to work locally.
- Settings up XDebug for interactive debugging
- Using SSH tunnel for remote database session as well as PHP debugging session
- Setting up VMs with VirtualBox and TurnkeyLinux
- ... and more ...
- February topics (Sign up and give ideas at: http://groups.drupal.org/node/243873)
LOCATION: This month we will at offices in Southpoint. Heather Canada will be hosting at First Coast Weddings and Events.
4237 Salisbury Rd Suite #209
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Street View: http://goo.gl/maps/QA7Nd
Google Hangout: This meetup will be broadcast on Google Hangout. I'll post the URL when we start the event here in a comment and in the #drupal IRC channel.