We are looking for one or more Drupal developers with a significant set of core skills to finish work on a soon to be deployed web application.
Please note: we cannot outsource, partner, nor subcontract this work. We must hire directly the individual(s) as part/time casual W2s. Additionally, this work requires US citizenship and a remote location in the U.S.
Your Drupal skills include:
0. The ability to evaluate the utility of contributed modules on drupal.org.
1. The ability to write simple one-off modules (if there's nothing that meets requirements on drupal.org)
2. The ability to utilize hook_menu, hook_form_alter, hook_query_alter, hook_install, drupal_add_css, drupal_add_js, etc.
3. Using drush for everything you possibly can, including the creation and updating of features.
4. Knowledge of the Drupal 7 database abstraction layer with specific emphasis on writing truly cross-platform queries, because they will be running on MSSQL.
5. The ability to create and edit jQuery.
6. Familiarity with Drupal multisite installation configurations and best practices.
7. The ability to debug drupal using devel, drush, firebug, and the various log files (watchdog, Apache, IIS, PHP, mysql, etc.)
Your general programming skills and practices include:
0. Writing doxygen style comments.
1. Developing utility PHP scripts (possibly for use as drush scripts).
2. Use of git from the command line for source control.
3. Use of SSH for all linux server access, and scp for all data interchange, preferably using keys to avoid entering passwords.
4. Basic but secure Linux & Windows system administration skills
5. The ability to securely use Amazon AWS: S3, Route 53, EC2.
6. Interacting with MySQL from the command line
8. Familiarity with the Open Atrium collaboration tool, including its case tracker.
Helpful additional skills:
0. Perl & other scripting languages
1. sed, awk, vi, emacs etc.
2. Familiarity with automated security configuration tools and reporting software