Are you a television junkie with a passion for getting things done while dodging the occasional Nerf dart? Do you enjoy juggling multiple projects, and are you bored when you're not? If so, we want to talk to you!
Smashing Ideas, Inc. is looking for a Senior Drupal Developer to join the team that designs, develops, and supports entertainment sites across the globe for one of our largest clients. We are looking for a highly skilled individual who wants to work with industry leaders, a high profile client, and extremely motivated (and nice!) people. The ideal candidate is a Drupal expert with an eclectic skill set including back-end and front-end skills, solution design, content management, and 3rd party solution integration. We are a small team with a large charter, and expect a high amount of initiative and accountability to meet commitments. Having fun is mandatory and a sense of humor is required.
As the Technical Lead, you will lead a small team of internal developers, oversee and train external developers, collaborate with hosting provider and define overall technical strategy and standards for a multi-install Drupal 7 framework.
- Coordinate all technical activity directly with internal and third-party developers.
- Collaborate with customers and technology vendors to maximize opportunities in the Company's web‐based presence.
- Participate in technical discussions with customers and vendors, understand the architecture of CMS systems and how to fully leverage features and functionality for high-impact content sites
- Drive communication with Company's hosting provider on issues pertaining to maintenance, performance tuning, scaling and site outages;
- Evangelize development and technical design principals across internal and external teams. Improve site management and development efficiency;
- Collaborate with team to troubleshoot blocking issues;
- Provide insight on usability for the Sites;
- Evaluate site traffic reports provided by hosting company;
- Oversee release management and configuration management;
- Work with customers and technology vendors to maximize opportunities in the Company's web‐based presence;
- Communicate technical planning and strategy to all stakeholders;
- Provide up‐to‐date user guides for all developers.
- Experience working directly with customers to meet business objectives
- 5+ years web application development experience
- Proficiency with Drupal's Coding Standards, approaches and common API's
- 4+ years PHP
- Experience with MySQL (queries, bulk data import/export, etc.)
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS. Experience with modern web standards required (semantic markup, HTML5, mobile web).
- Ability to communicate proactively and collaborate with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eligible to work in the United States
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* Experience with multi-site Drupal installs
* Extensive Drupal custom module development
* Experience with jQuery in Drupal.
* Proficiency in multiple scripting and programming languages
* Maintain or contribute to Drupal community modules
* Understanding of bash/drush scripting
* Experience with localized Drupal 6 or Drupal 7 sites
Smashing Ideas Inc
Smashing Ideas is renowned for offering strategic marketing solutions and creating immersive, interactive content experiences. We choreograph unique brand experiences from games to branded sites to story-based applications, across multiple digital distribution channels, including online, smartphones, tablet devices, and iTV. We serve a roster of prominent clients such as Mattel, Nickelodeon, PBS, Cartoon Network, Sony and Disney. Our talent is both our work, and our play.
Look at our web site to learn more about our services, our clients and the types of projects we create: http://smashingideas.com.
We offer a competitive salary and incentive plan, an outstanding benefits package, a fun team and a downtown Seattle location near Pike Place Market.