Last updated by christefano on Mon, 2013-02-25 10:17
Are you interested in helping to spread the word about Drupal? We need your help! SCaLE 11x is coming and LA Drupal is hosting a booth! SCALE 11x, the premier Open Source Community conference in the South Western United States, will be returning to last year's venue at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport. The first 10 that volunteer a minimum of 4 hours will receive a free FULL Conference Pass Admission to SCaLE 11x!! For those that want to go but are unable to volunteer, SCaLE is giving members of the Drupal Community 50% off. Use the coupon code DRUPL (leave out the A) when you sign up.
Following are some of the planning details. It is a WIKI so please feel free to add corrections and additional information.
There are many interested LA Drupal members with great ideas about the booth for this year. Who are you, and what exactly are you thinking of? PLEASE give the details about your contribution to the booth, or your contributed idea about the event that can be implemented or expanded upon to turn this into a tremendous example of who we are at LA DRUPAL!
Want to Volunteer?
- Step 1: signup
- Step 2: commit to a time slot on the schedule and send Scott Knight your contact info and I'll send you a code to register.
- Step 3: edit this wiki with information everyone should know
The easiest thing to do is to volunteer for a time slot at the booth, so edit the Schedule below to pick your times.
Sign up here with your contact info and how you'd like to contribute:
Step 1: Signup
IMPORTANT: Key coverage times are during session breaks, when there is atypically a surge on the floor. Please make an effort to help us cover questions at these times: 11-11:30a, 12:30p, 2:30-3p, 4p-4:30p, 5:30p
- Scott Knight - Stauffer, Inc.
- Chris Miller - Stauffer, Inc.
- Paul Chernick - Chernick Consulting
- Tom Bauer - InterPerk LLC
- Ishmael Sanchez
- Steve Rifkin - Crifkin, LLC
- Erin Clerico - Kern County Superintendent of Schools
- Jacob Pitassi - Stauffer, Inc.
- Chris Charlton - XTND.US
- Jeff Nutting
- Jerry Witt – Motion City
- Norman Gilmore
- Christefano (Exaltation of Larks)
- mike stewart (Zaferia Web Works)
- Your name here (website) < --- copy, paste above this line, and edit
Step 2: Schedule
Add yourself to at least one time-slot on Saturday &/or Sunday in the schedule below. replace the text help! or optional with Your Name (& preferably a link to your user profile).
IMPORTANT: Key coverage times are during session breaks. At these times there is typically a surge of people on the floor. Please make an effort to help us cover questions at these times: 11-11:30a, 12:30p-1:30p, 2:30-3p, 4p-4:30p, 5:30p-6p So how this plays out, is there is often some degree of flexibility throughout the day for volunteers to wander the floor. But 1-2 people should always be at the booth. Please be at the booth during the assigned times.
Sat Feb 23
|Saturday, Feb 23||8:30AM-9:30AM setup||Scott Knight||Chris Miller||Ish||Steve Rifkin||Paul Chernick|
|Saturday, Feb 23||9:30AM-1PM||Scott Knight||Steve Rifkin||Tom Bauer||Ish||Chris Miller|
|Saturday, Feb 23||12:00PM-3:30PM||Paul Chernick||Jacob Pitassi||Chris Charlton||Jeff Nutting||Christefano | Mike Stewart|
|Saturday, Feb 23||2:30PM-5:30PM||John Arroyo||Erin Clerico||Jacob Pitassi||Jeff Nutting||Jerry Witt (mcfilms)|
|Saturday, Feb 23||5:00PM-6:30PM + cleanup||Erin Clerico||Chris Charlton||Jeff Nutting||N/A||Jerry Witt (mcfilms)|
SCaLE has requested that all exhibitors begin setup the day before the show opens ( February 22, 2013 between 1pm and 6pm PST). If this is not possible, setup will also be available on February 23, 2013 between 8am and 9:30am
The expo floor closes at 5pm. Cleanup is the quickest for Saturday since the booth just needs to be setup for the next day and important or expensive items must be hidden away, covered, or taken home to be brought back the next morning 8am. Electrical equipment should be turned-off and/or unplugged.
Sun Feb 24
|Sunday, Feb 24||9:30AM-12:30PM||Paul Chernick||Jeff Nutting||Norman Gilmore||optional||help!|
|Sunday, Feb 24||12PM-3PM||Paul Chernick||Chris Charlton||Mike Stewart||Jeff Nutting||optional | help!|
|Sunday, Feb 24||3PM-4PM + cleanup & tear down||Chris Charlton||Jeff Nutting||N/A||N/A||help!|
The expo floor closes by 4pm. Cleanup takes way less than an hour if everyone helps. If there any boxes (of anything) left then someone needs to take them home. Any LA Drupal booth manager can help you know who can or should take what home. The booth area must be clean and the two chairs we were assigned must be left within our booth.
Ok, Now what? Booth Details: Badge Pickup, Dates, Times, Location, etc
Questions? Contact info?
1. Booth #: 50
2. Contact: Scott Knight with YOUR contact info. I need a cell/txt and hopefully email in case I need to get a hold of you before or during the event.
3. Fun: Be prepared to have fun!
4. Prepare: Please be prepared to evangelize Drupal. Please add some recent links to resources (below) about recent marketing material, awesome Drupal sites, etc. There will people that have never seen/heard of Drupal. There will also be experts and everything in between.
things that need to happen in order for us to have fun & be cool when promoting Drupal
1. Edit this wiki!
What about the slide show?
What about the recipe cards?
* 1x Box (~600 cards)
What about the printed material?
* Drupal printed brochures
* Pins & Stickers
What about extra signage LA Drupal sandwich board or vertical sign?
(See note before, I think Chris Charlton has banner)
Conference & Booth Info
information about booth location, prizes, etc
- Projector (donated by Stauffer, Inc.; brought by Mike Stewart)
- Nexus 7 (Android tablet for demo purposes re: responsive/mobile Drupal sites; provided by Chris Charlton)
- Stickers (Ishmael Sanchez and Chris Charlton)
- Recipe Cards (Scott Knight)
- Banner (Mike Stewart)
- Cables, surge protector and tools for setting up (Paul Chernick)
- Anything Else???
Find last year's resource list at the old SCALE 10X Wiki: http://groups.drupal.org/node/200913
Good info to know in order to prepare yourself for questions:
- drupal event organizer kit is a great resource for marketing & educational collateral for the booth
- great promo materials explaining: What's Drupal?.
- Planet Drupal - review prior to show to be up to date on latest news in the Drupal world
Last Year's planning wiki: http://groups.drupal.org/node/200913/edit