Last updated by Owen Barton on Sat, 2007-09-22 09:54
This gives an overview of how the whole system works at a directory level.
Note that, with the setup above, the URLs indicated below are working with 'zero-configuration' apart from the addition of the domain to your hosts file.
- You don't need to set up a new apache vhost for each site, or mess around with switching directories around or trying to work from a subdirectory, all of which can be troublesome and annoying.
- Every folder under the workspace folder can be an Eclipse project.
- Note that Eclipse needs projects to be on top-level of workspace - we can't have a 'project within a project'.
- We use symlinks (indicated by @->) to link a multisite project directory to the appropriate Drupal sites directory.
- You can create symlinks using
ln -s existing_directory alias_directory
default [accessible using http://default.46/]
ions.46 @-> ~/workspace/ions.46 [accessible using http://ions.46/]
default [accessible using http://default.47/]
hightower.47 @-> ~/workspace/hightower.47 [accessible using http://hightower.47/]
default [accessible using http://default.5/]
home.5 @-> ~/workspace/hightower.5 [accessible using http://home.5/]
ions.46/ [svn checkout]
hightower.47/ [svn checkout]
home.5/ [svn checkout]
npc/ [non-multisite setup - accessible using http://npc.localhost/]
siteforfriend [static html site - accessible using http://siteforfriend.localhost/]