This will be an ongoing contract role (40 hours per week, or as agreed) for the duration of the redesign project. The contract is currently estimated to be 3 months in duration with the possibility of an extension. This is a contract telecommute position.
- To enable Drupal.org visitors to find the information they need by implementing Solr search applications as specified in the redesign.
- Develop Solr filters for Download & Extend pages, as well as other sections
- Create the associated facet and sorting blocks for Solr and ensure that they correctly function per the d.o requirements
- Add project meta data and statistics to the Solr index and construct the associated facet blocks
- Implement additional core search functionality per the design comps
- Recommendation engine improvements
- Relevancy ranking for search results
- Smart linking to other projects / pages based upon analytics
- Communicate regular updates, including progress made, work remaining to be done, and any hurdles encountered, on at least a bi-weekly basis to other members of the project team, as well as the Drupal Association and/or their designated representatives
- Be available in #drupal-infrastructure on IRC during established "office hours" and sprints
- Writing custom Solr facets based on Drupal meta data
- Custom development experience with Solr
How to apply
Please select the "Drupal.org and Git migration contract position applications" selection from the Drupal Association contact form, then submit a summary of your qualifications, along with a link to a .TXT, .PDF, or web page of your résumé, along with your rates. Experienced Drupal development companies as well as individuals are welcome to apply. Experienced Drupal development companies as well as individuals are welcome to apply.
The Drupal association is a Belgian non-profit. The association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sexual orientation.