About the Foundation:
Jean and Steve Case established the Case Foundation in 1997 to reflect their family’s commitment to finding lasting solutions for complex social challenges – and to invest in people and ideas that can change the world. Our purpose is to leverage new technologies and entrepreneurial approaches to expand giving, promote everyday philanthropy and deepen civic participation. We seek to do this while emphasizing the value of collaboration across all sectors, individual and organizational leadership, and entrepreneurship.
Director of Interactive Technologies:
The Director of Interactive Technologies is part of the Interactive Strategies Team reporting to the Senior Vice President, Strategic Operations. In this role you will be responsible for all technical aspects of the organization’s web site. You will help maintain the existing web and mobile infrastructure and develop new campaigns in the online and mobile space. You will work with the executive team, external partners, project managers, marketing and web team to drive the strategic vision of the site, and you will have responsibility for availability and performance of the system. You will have a direct impact on the outcomes of our initiatives by ensuring the system architecture supports the projects that drive visitors to our web site.
• Lead teams with overall responsibility for technology architecture.
• Think strategically and be open-minded in evaluating ways to approach and execute social media strategies.
• Document and implement enhancements and feature requests for existing Drupal 6 web properties.
• Establish, facilitate and maintain standard application architecture patterns, roadmaps, best practices, etc.
• Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups, partners and peers.
• Recommend innovations; anticipate the future direction of the technology and how it can impact strategy. Monitor trends and technical developments in consumer online spaces, both non- and for-profit.
• Develop and execute strategies and processes to combine open source code with new social media technology.
• Review and ensure major architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible and cost effective.
• Maintain campaign properties written in Ruby on Rails.
• Write functional specifications for consumer-facing web and mobile campaigns.
• Guide contract technical teams to ensure functional requirements are met.
• A solid understanding of web architectures is a must.
• Proven leadership role in Web Based application development.
• Requires broad & deep knowledge & experience spanning a wide range of software development methodologies, technologies & architectures –particularly around open source software.
• High level of familiarity with Drupal and ability to maintain multiple websites in Drupal 6; working knowledge of PHP, Apache mod_rewrite.
• Familiarity working in a Linux infrastructure from the command line.
• Experience with Amazon cloud preferred, including EC2 servers and S3 storage.
• Ability to communicate (through presentation, written and verbal communications) key concepts, solutions and ideas to a wide variety of audiences.
• Superb organizational and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to diplomatically prioritize demands.
• Ability to distill requirements from a community of experts. Consensus-building needed!
• Ability to perform effectively under pressure and to utilize strong organizational skills when faced with multiple time-sensitive priorities – a willingness to "roll-up sleeves" and personally handle all aspects of position.
• A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, including the humility and grace to work effectively with others in a collaborative workplace.
• Experience in and understanding of the nonprofit sector a plus.
• High energy level, self-motivated.
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years professional experience required, Computer Science or Technology degree preferred.