i'm currently setting up a development environment whose primary use is intended for testing and debugging a 'beta' of the live site that i run.
so far i have set up the following:
a virtual machine with
* LAMP-stack on an Ubuntu-OS
* XDebug-extension to Apache
* a Drupal installation that matches my live setup
Eclipse as IDE on my workstation with
* PDT (PHP Development Tools)
* RSE (Remote System Explorer)
Imagine being able to teach someone to review/create patches, without having to teach them to setup a LAMP development environment.
Imagine windows and mac users, friends, learning together to do (blank) with a virtual machine development environment.
I created a virtualbox Drupal development image. I wanted a simple platform to collaborate with several others on for a project. I thought others might benefit from the work.
- Slim lightweight image (OS+tools are under 1gig)
- LAMP with APC
- Netbeans and Eclipse with debugging