Seems I haven't given up on Version Control API & friends by now, which one could say is a good thing. Due to my rather silent nature, there haven't been as many g.d.o posts as during the Summer of Code (namely, none until now). Nevertheless a good share of remaining issues have been resolved, and missing features have been added. Here's a short rundown of what has been achieved since part 2 of my wrap-up, which was written a month ago.Read more
It's over! Google Summer of Code 2007 had its official "pencils down" on Monday, 19:00 UTC - which was 21:00 at my place, perfect for a last sprint... but I digress. According to Google, mentors are supposed to evaluate projects based on the state that they were in at that time. Which means it's time for me to wrap it up and explain what I achieved in those two or three months. In addition to these writings, I set up a test site at http://www.petsovits.at/versioncontrol/ where you can try out most of these things in action.
The wrap-up is becoming too long to conveniently fit into one single blog entry, so I'll split it up into two halves. This one basically covers the hard facts: which modules I wrote during the Summer of Code, what they do, and how they work. (Part 2 is now also available.)Read more
The end of the Google Summer of Code is nearing, and stuff is coming together in my version control modules. It seems to me like I'll not be achieving everything that I would have liked, but most of the important stuff is going to be ready next Monday. And now for a short report of the last one-and-a-half weeks.Read more
- A release after the beta
- updated developer documentation (it changed a lot because of the concept changes)
- Screencast for users to make familiar with installing, setup and use the module
I have to admit, that i'm glad that the issue queue is full of feature requests, it seems that people want to use FeedAPI for various purposes. And yeah, their purposes are not impossible with FeedAPI (using the API, developers can write the proper modules)
As of about 2pm PDT Drupal.org has been tracking the module usage. #128827 has been committed to the project module and installed on d.o. There's a follow up issue to make this usage data visible to users (#165380). I've added support to the metrics module to factor that into the score.
I'm not sure if the metrics module will be installed on d.o until the current database troubles resolved.
This week, my Version Control SoC Project saw further completions of the API functions' implementations (the API itself is completely implemented now, if I'm not mistaken) and the creation of extendable admin screens, mainly for repositories for now. There's now a list of repositories separately for each version control system, and each backend can easily customize creation, editing and display of repository information by means of hook_form_alter() and a small number of more specific hooks. Repository management is now at the same level of functionality as the one in cvs.module, only that it's generic at the basics and other backends can without much effort provide their own custom stuff, just like CVS provides CVS modules and different methods of commit information retrieval. Sure, you want screenshots:Read more
I've posted an update on the SMS Framework project and a screencast on the Development Seed blog. It introduces some of the new functionality that I've implemented using the API.
The alpha version was released last week, after that I fixed a number of bugs and issues. Now if someone check out the CVS, (s)he will find a module which UI is a little bit hard to understand, but the functionality mainly works. I planned to release the beta yesterday, but I didn't do it, because with Alex(the change was his idea and he wrote a proof-of-concept patch) we decide on a radical change. FeedAPI's API part will be changed a little bit.Read more
Er, right, this update post has taken longer than it should have. I've been active on the code though, and this time I even have a screenshot for you. Without further ado, I present Commit Log:Read more