What should be the priority? Relevant Discussion on Drupal.Org Issue is http://drupal.org/node/1966102#comment-7280000
Somebody told me they would use Project Management Module ( Storm ) if it had a pretty theme. The rationale was that they would be sharing it with clients and needed to look good. Thus PM Vista was born.
What is PM Vista?
Its a Theme. And focuses its entire energy on just one task. Make PM look good.Read more
I recently posted about how sad kitteh I am to see no action on this group.
Here are 10 quick/easy things we can do to change this:
1) Share PM articles to create a cool library of info
2) Share PM podcasts or videos to add interactive media to the mix
3) Ask our PM questions, like "Anyone know how to convince a client NOT to do fixed scope/fixed bid?"
4) Write articles about your PM experiences
5) Share your favorite PM tool & why
6) Ask if anyone has experience with "XYZ" methodology, tool or situation to start up a convo
Though Initiative Owners are doing a fantastic job of keeping up with their individual initiatives, we've recently heard that the community would like more visibility on D8 progress in general. We've been trying to find the right format and we've got something for you to check out! http://drupal.org/community-initiatives/drupal-core
The D8 team of Initiative Owners and its supporters want to make it easier for you to find the most important issues to work on, so we've put together a summary page that we'll be updating it every two weeks, and more frequently on an as-needed basis.Read more
ISKME (iskme.org) is hiring a project management intern to manage the migration of bigideafest.org to Drupal. This position would be ideal for a student interested in Drupal and edtech and seeking to develop information architecture skills, experience interfacing between developers and non-technical event staff, and experience developing a social network in Drupal. The position offers an opportunity to conceptualize features for a hybrid conference site and community of practice for education stakeholders collaborating on new solutions for education.
This project will involve:Read more
PointStar Digital Agency is looking for our next Project Manager! We are looking for someone who can primarily manage our Drupal based projects amongst other web/mobile development projects.
Check us out at digital.point-star.com
Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to apply for this position or if you have any questions. Thank you!
As part of the PointStar Digital Agency team, you should:
- Be passionate about digital media and technologies. Web, mobile and social media HAVE to be a big part of your daily life.
Description of Duties
* Create and manage project plans: sequencing and coordinating deliverables from developers, designers, content producers, internal stakeholders and external agencies/vendors.
* Facilitate all project-related meetings, keeping internal stakeholders and team members accountable for deliverables and up-to-date on project status.
* Produce business requirements documentation, leveraging customer insights from stakeholders, user testing, analytics and/or surveys.
Special training Dec. 6, 2011 in New Orleans: Expedition to the Summit AND Client Wrangling. It’s worth the trip!
You’ll hear the words “MVP” thrown around a lot in the update this week. It stands for “Minimum Viable Product”, and it’s a way for us to define what “success” means for each initiative. More to come on this later :)
Also, our next meeting isn’t until Dec 8th, so you won’t see an update over the Thanksgiving holidays because a bunch of us are enjoying turkey.
Greg Dunlap (heyrocker)
- Ongoing discussions coming out of BADCamp
- Working on defining the project
We are running a study on what features are important for project managers to streamline their web design process. In an effort to find data related to Drupal developers we would appreciate your time in taking our features test. Please visit http://sitecollab.com/project-management-features-testing/ for more information.