Themes section is full of very powerfull and configurable themes.
This is very helpfull if you are building a big website with complex functionality but most of us just want to develop something that's already out there and be able to slightly alter it to bend our needs.
I'm suggesting to leave the abstract website developing strategy driven by base themes and start by picking a case study and make it work.
It will save us time and will help new users to dive in.
1.Pick a case study
2.Install required modules
3.Build custom content types base on the entities requiried
Check out Sasson, you're gonna love it !
- It includes Sass & Compass framework - no extra requirements, simply enable and start writing sass/scss (thanks peroxide and SASSy )
- It's mobile friendly - with responsive, content-first layout, out of the box. optional mobile-first responsive layout, media queries break-points are configurable.
- It converts the core template files to HTML5 markup -
<nav>for menus etc.(thanks Boron)
- It includes a perfectly semantic grid system - no more non-semantic grid classes (based on 960gs via Compass).
- It includes an HTML5-friendly CSS Reset (normalize), cross-browser styling compatibility improvements and other tweaks & best practices from HTML5Boilerplate v2.0
- It enables HTML5 in oldIEs via HTML5shiv
- It *doesn't* give you a pile of CSS rules you will have to override.
Xin chao cac ban & thanh vien cong dong Drupal,
cong ty minh bat dau phat trien cong dong themebrain.com. Hien tay dang cho phep cac drupal developer, themer, styler... dang ky "preview" san pham minh.
Cac ban nao thich kham pha base theme Nucleus cua minh dang ky hai la lien lac voi minh nhe.
Cty minh o Hanoi va Saigon, va mong muong feedback cua cac ban viet de minh cai thien san pham theo nhu cau nguoi su dung.
Dear Drupal friends,
right now we are expanding our themebrain.com site. We have developed a base theme called "Nucleus" and are in the pre-launch phase.Read more
We are about to begin work on a new website for a non-profit and would like to use Drupal. Our Drupal skills are limited so we are looking for someone to help with theming and general development work.
We are estimating about 150 hours of work.
Please contact me at the studio
I've done some googling but haven't found much on this. So I'm posting this because where else should a discussion, info pointers, soundings off, etc happen than in D4D?
- Who's interested in this topic and pursuing implementations? (Who already is? I know there's some kind of Zen theme effort.)
- What are the challenges?
- What does this mean about the RDFa layer?
- Where are some ongoing current discussions on this?
The TopNotchThemes team will be at DrupalCon in full force! Most importantly, we'd like to show you how to build more flexible themes faster, without reinventing the wheel -- with Fusion. If you want to see this session at DrupalCon, vote now!
We'll also (hopefully) be co-presenting two great sessions:Read more
I am new to drupal and what I'm trying to do is to create a theme with bluemarine as base theme...Here's what I have in my oreo.info file (sites/all/themes/oreo)
name = Oreo
description = Oreo theme based on bluemarine
version = 1.0
core = 6.x
base theme = bluemarine
What I get is a messy website with no theme (see image attachment)...Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance!
I'm hankering for a couple few hours of friendly Zen theme building with like-minded buddies.
Coffeee shop with loud, obnoxious people and bad internet
My place where the intertubes are strong, the tea flows like the rivers of Babylon and where a 16-year old cat basks in the sun.
This can be a joint project or separate projects where we get to benefit from asking one another questions and getting feedback.