Global Accessibility Awareness Day is a community-driven effort whose goal is to focus one day to raise the profile of digital (web, software, mobile app/device, touch screen kiosk, etc.) accessibility and people with different disabilities.
The idea started with a single blog post. On May 9th, people in communities around the world are encouraged to hold a talk/meetup, organize hands-on demos, or plan another activity that brings attention to some aspect of digital accessibility. Follow @GblA11yDay on Twitter and use the #gaad hashtag in your own tweets.
Droplabs is happy to participate in this global event. We will have both Dallas Legan and Larry Hart on-hand to present:
- Dallas Legan is a well-respected member of the Southern California Open Source ecosystem. He has presented on a variety of topics at UUASC, LAMP-SIG, the San Fernando Valley Linux Users Group, the San Gabriel Valley Linux Users Group and SCALE.
- Larry Hart is a longtime member of the San Fernando Valley Linux Users Group. He also happens to be a blind web user and will be imparting both his knowledge and frustrations of using a non-accessible web. We hope this will lead to discussions on how we, as web developers, can create a more usable and accessible web.
Drupal Architecture (Custom Content, Fields and Lists) training in Los Angeles on November 1 & 2, 2011
Drupal Architecture (Custom Content, Fields and Lists) is a two-day workshop that explores modules and configurations you can combine to build more customized systems using Drupal. You’ll create many examples of more advanced configurations and content displays using the popular Content Construction Kit (CCK) and Views modules.
We’ll guide you through the complex User Interfaces that Drupal provides for controlling and customizing the many different ways to present lists and tables of your site’s content.
|Sign up today at http://www.larks.la/training|
What you will learn
- Creating custom content types
- Building RSS feeds
- Allowing viewers to filter results
- Building interactive tables
- Displaying content in a grid
- Adding a date field to your content, and sorting by date
- Creating iCAL feeds and other date displays
- Using views arguments to dynamically filter your results based on the URL
- How other modules integrate with Views
Site you will build: http://dsb.training.chapterthree.comRead more