We are currently hoping to upgrade our current Drupal CMS structure and design so that it is more user-friendly from both an end-user and a developer perspective. Ideally, when a hotel or a developer goes into the CMS to make changes to the app they should be able to edit or upload information in 3 clicks or less.
At the moment, our CMS is not very user-friendly and there is very little relation to the structure on the back-end vs. what appears in the mobile application. We truly want a WYSIWYG scenario within our CMS so that clients can easily figure out what actions they want to take with very little prior knowledge or development experience.
We have a document outlining the changes that need to be made to our current CMS so that this goal is accomplished. However, we are looking for someone to also be proactive and come up with ideas that we may not have thought of for improving our product. We are looking for a developer who will be an active participant in this process and share our goal of improving our end product.
Mobile Media Applications
Mobile Media Applications is a mobile app development company focused exclusively on developing mobile app software for the hospitality industry.
On the back-end, our applications are built on the highly extensive Drupal CMS Software. On the front-end each app is generated using the latest Titanium software.
Our apps fall into two main categories—Protel and Non-Protel. Protel is a provider of hotel property management systems and software (http://www.protel.net/). We integrate their API into our apps via Drupal to ensure a seamless booking, and lead capture process on the hotel side.
Each app consists of a series of pre-developed “modules” which the client can choose from and customize to suit their needs. The modules are as follows:
• A Welcome Screen- the screen that the user lands on upon opening the app, as of right now this is included in all apps.
• A Properties Module- this module provides a list of all of the hotel properties and their information, this is only required if the hotel has multiple properties (also known as a “group” app).
• An Information Module- this module is essentially a basic content page which can be used as a generic “about us” page within the app.
• Content Template 1 and Content Template 2- These modules are primarily used to showcase hotel and spa specials or information. They have two levels: Tabs (the client is limited to 5 tabs for display purposes) and listings. Within each tab there are a series of listings which have their own dedicated descriptions, images and calls to action.
• Form- A form module that can be used for a variety of purposes but is mainly used to collect user information.
• Gallery- A series of images and/or videos that the hotel wants to display
• Concierge Tips- Similar to CT1 and CT2, this module is used to present “Itineraries” or “Categories” of information to the user. Within each category there are “Destinations” or actual physical locations that the user can visit.
• Google Places (Nearby)- Via Google Places we can display geo-location information for destinations.
• Push- Via Apple’s Push Notifications and Google’s Cloud Messaging we give hotels the ability to send out targeted messages to app users that can be segmented based on a number of factors.
Protel Application Examples:
Hotel Arghan: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arghan-hotels/id583399222?mt=8, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobilemediaapplication...
Non-Protel Application Examples:
Mill Falls: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mill-falls-at-the-lake/id499310671?mt=8, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobilemediaapplication...