Are you a Drupal expert in a senior position looking for an opportunity where you can grow and advance in your career? If so, this is the position for you.
What’s the Job?
The Drupal Engineering Team Lead/Director of Engineer will be responsible for leading the ongoing development and maintenance of major projects and initiatives, management of external development resources, as well as the continued growth and direction of internal programmers. We need someone who is a proven leader and who loves diving into the code when necessary to meet committed deadlines. You will be reporting to the Senior Vice-President of Technology.
As part of this role, you will:
• Analyze and estimate new project requests, develop technical specifications and recommend approaches
• Manage the workload of internal and external developers, reassign projects as necessary to the best resource
• Intimately understand the strengths and weaknesses of all resources and play to their strengths
• Drive the agile development process, provide scrum support to our project managers
• Perform regular code reviews with internal and external resources
• Monitor the progress of project build-outs and course-correct implementations in a timely manner
• Must be able to work independently, make quick and informed decisions, and keep things moving
• Mentor and support internal developers in their technical growth
• Process deliveries from internal and external developers, help stage and deploy new releases
• Research, vet, and recommend new technologies and approaches to development
What Skills Do We Need?
• Expert knowledge of hosting, UNIX, scripting, and LAMP-focused server-side technologies
• Deep understanding of platform philosophies, CMSes and frameworks, and the “build vs buy” mentality
• Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle, specifically agile methodologies
• Very good analytical skills, should be able to identify problems quickly and find optimum solutions fast
• Great communication and leadership skills, good at teamwork, fast decision maker
• Excellent prioritization and time management skills
• Prior experience in marketing and SaaS platforms would be great to have, not not required
Who Are We?
We are a local, social and mobile marketing platform that helps local businesses market themselves online across a network of publishers, social media, search, mobile, email newsletters and even their own website – and is as simple to use as email.
Founded in early 2010, we were recently acquired by a large organization with the capital, organization and experience behind it to help take our company to the next level.
• Up to $175,000 depending on skills and experience
• Choice of Medical and Dental Insurance Plan
• 3 Weeks Vacation
What's In It For You?
Here's your chance to join a mid-size, profitable company that is growing and expanding every day. Despite our size, we still have a start-up mentality and welcome change, innovation and your input in how to make our company continue to succeed.
Our office is located directly above Grand Central in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, so you will be close to nearly all forms of transportation, as well as numerous restaurants, coffee show, bars, and nightlife.