Tableau Software is one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the world, with more than 80% year-over-year sales growth reported in 2013. Our mission is simple: we help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. But don’t take our word for it—read what analysts like BARC and Gartner have to say about us. (Spoiler: You’ll find terms like “Leader” and “#1.”)
More than 19,000 customer accounts have chosen Tableau. From the executive suites of Fortune 500 companies to the jungles of Central America, from immunology research labs to high school robotics club meetings, our software can be found anywhere people have data and questions. Additionally, journalists, bloggers, and major media web sites have embraced our free product, Tableau Public, for its ability to help them share data online in the form of interactive visualizations. Check out all of our products at: www.tableausoftware.com/product-tour.
Tableau’s culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
To learn more about Tableau’s mission, please visit: http://mission.tableausoftware.com
What you’ll be doing…
You’ll be assisting in the creation of innovative and interactive web components and UIs for web and mobile applications spanning front and back-end languages and frameworks. As part of Tableau's marketing team, you’ll be developing and implementing cutting edge website interactions, designs, and functionality across numerous web properties. You’ll work closely with developers, designers, and other stakeholders to deploy new website features and functionality in support of a growing and international team.
This role requires a broad range of skills through all steps of the web development process, with particular expertise in Drupal and PHP development and/or front-end languages and frameworks. We are looking for someone with an agile mind who can not only solve complex development problems, but also possesses the big picture thinking vital to longterm maintenance of an enterprise-class website and its content staff.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Building and supporting new, rich, and engaging experiences for prospective and current Tableau customers
- Optimizing front-end and/or back-end experiences of Tableau's web presence for all devices
- Ensuring Tableau brand quality and consistency with high attention to detail
- Supporting the web needs of a growing marketing team
- Managing code and configuration within an enterprise-scale CMS
- Creating repeatable/scalable processes, components, and patterns for other team members and websites,
- Troubleshooting issues and providing support to both internal staff and end users.
Who you are…
- Educated. BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Experienced. Advanced knowledge of front-end website languages/libraries/frameworks (3+ years), or advanced experience creating modular components/extensions for Drupal (2+ years) or another PHP-based, enterprise-ready CMS; experience with in-browser debugging and replicating customer issues; experience with source control like Git or SVN; experience with design software like Adobe Creative Suite; a history with open-source CMSs and/or other libraries and projects
- Data Lover. You love clean data architecture, semantic markup, and maintainable, testable code
- Communicator. A talented communicator, analytical problem solver, and creative thinker. You enjoy interacting with designers, developers, project managers, and marketers to help them and end-users
- Developer. Solid developer, specializing in creating re-useable, bug-free website components and design
- Team Player. A willingness to jump in where and when you are needed, learn new skills, and the experience and professionalism required to meet objectives; personally produce high quality work, but enjoy debugging problems within a helpful team of collaborators