Tableau Software is one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the world, with more than 80% year-over-year sales growth reported in 2013. Our mission is simple: we help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. But don’t take our word for it—read what analysts like BARC and Gartner have to say about us. (Spoiler: You’ll find terms like “Leader” and “#1.”)
More than 19,000 customer accounts have chosen Tableau. From the executive suites of Fortune 500 companies to the jungles of Central America, from immunology research labs to high school robotics club meetings, our software can be found anywhere people have data and questions. Additionally, journalists, bloggers, and major media web sites have embraced our free product, Tableau Public, for its ability to help them share data online in the form of interactive visualizations. Check out all of our products at: www.tableausoftware.com/product-tour.
Tableau’s culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
To learn more about Tableau’s mission, please visit: http://mission.tableausoftware.com
What you’ll be doing...
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Marketing Ops, the Marketing Website QA Specialist will support the creation of innovative and interactive UI and systems for web applications. As part of Tableau's marketing team, this position be part of the building and refining process for most aspects of user experiences across numerous web properties; working closely with designers, developers, editors, and other stakeholders to ensure new website features and designs maintain a high standard of quality and compatibility, and accurately represent project intent. This work will be in service of a growing and international team. This role will also be responsible for creating processes and systems to maintain quality from a growing group of developers, designers, and editors.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include...
- Ensuring new features and maintenance work by maintaining a high standard of quality and compatibility across browsers and devices.
- Creating and maintaining systems and processes to asses, report, manage and analyze issues associated with website QA.
- Managing QA of numerous projects simultaneously in an agile environment, and during all phases of the design/development/deployment/maintenance lifecycle.
- Supporting a growing group of developers, designers, internationalization exerts, along with a marketing team of stakeholder users.
- Helping to ensure development work matches stakeholder intent; quality for design, content marketer and executive roles.
- Troubleshooting website issues both live and in development.
- Reporting and managing progress of development work on issues both live and in development.
- Helping with the testing and deployment of A/B tests to ensure website consistency during optimization.
Who you are…
- Experienced. BA/BS degree, or experience equivalent.
- Results-oriented. Proven ability to create efficient processes that serve the purpose of unifying effort and getting problems tackled.
- Energy and Enthusiasm. A talented communicator, analytical problem solver and creative thinker.
- Willingness to jump in where and when needed, learn new skills, and the experience and professionalism required to meet objectives.
- Technically Savvy. Stay up-to-date with the latest tools, trends and time savers. And enjoy sharing them with others.
- Great time management habits to keep a smooth workflow with multiple projects.
- Data Rock Star. Advanced knowledge of QA methodologies and tools including: ticket systems, bug reporting, etc. Also, experience with an enterprise level CMS.
- A True Team Player. Advanced experience working with a team of developers and designers to obtain QA goals.