We’re looking for a U.S. project manager, an experienced drupal programmer who’s keen to enter the management arena. We need him or her to:
• manage projects being developed by our Vietnam-based programmers for clients here in North America;
• serve as primary liaison between those clients and our IT Project Manager/programming staff in Vietnam;
• vet the programming produced by our VN office, to enable better quality assurance and generally promote best practices.
We are a small-but-growing media/IT firm with headquarters in Portland, Maine, and an off-shore web development house in Hue, Vietnam. We work in several language environments but specialize in creating custom-developed and custom-themed Drupal CMS products for the business publishing industry. Learn more here: www.mandarindigital.com
No Vietnamese or otherwise foreign language requirements; our VN staff speaks solid English. We’re all Skype-dependent. Preferred industry background: publishing, but this isn’t vital. More vital is finding someone with:
• At least two years drupal development experience (site building and custom coding)
• Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS/jQuery
• Familiarity with server basics (Apache, DNS, etc.)
The ideal candidate must enjoy reviewing code — and providing helpful, thoughtful and constructive feedback. You won't be teaching these programmers drupal, but rather helping them be better, more efficient drupal coders. We’re looking for that right mix of patience and passion.
This is a part-time, project-based opportunity, to start, with competitive hourly rates and flexible scheduling.
If you're interested, please get in touch with Jim Sullivan (email@example.com) and send: a brief note explaining why you're a good match; a few samples of work you completed (if you created it with a team, be clear about your role); two or three solid references; and your desired hourly rate.