Journal Communications is looking for an experienced Web developer to join our in-house Digital team. If you’re committed to delivering pitch-perfect Drupal code, are a whiz with MySql and GitHub, then this may be a great place to hang your hat.
Journal Communications is an integrated media company that creates immersive content experiences for audiences in the community, economic development, travel and agriculture sectors. We offer excellent benefits, a casual work environment and schedule flexibility.
- 3+ years experience in a development position
- Expert coding abilities in Drupal, mySQL and Object-oriented PHP
- Experience with GitHub and a respect for peer review
- Ability to install and upgrade Drupal
- Google DFP (DoubleClick) and basic server administration a plus
- Develop, maintain and troubleshoot new and existing web products
- Create or configure plug-ins and modules as needed
- Provide VP/Digital Operations and Sr. Digital Project Manager realistic time estimations for development projects and tasks
- Discuss technical concepts with non-development staff and client technical staff, as needed
- Document technical specifications for web products & processes
- Share best practices for coding, version control and QA with fellow developers
- Follow a prioritized workflow, manage own time and adhere to instructions
- Developer will perform all work from our Franklin, TN office.
How to apply:
Please email your resumé or LinkedIn page (please highlight any recent Drupal projects) to Allison Davis, VP/Digital Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.