Palantir.net is a Chicago-based firm that works with corporate, educational, cultural, and public sector clients to help enable people to share information online. We deliver technology solutions that are informed by years of open source Web technology and Drupal expertise. Our goal is to empower and enable people through seamless, highly functional interactive experiences.
Our UX designers take business goals and objectives as well as user needs and expectations, then throw them in a blender to create a delicious UX milkshake. These people have deep understandings of digital strategy, design efficiency, and patterns in interaction...and they aren't afraid to use them.
- Understand client business goals and create interactive design solutions that help meet those goals.
- Understand the needs of the users and be their advocate throughout the project.
- Design task workflows, documenting for the client and team as wireframes, user stories, etc.
- Work closely with team members to concept and design digital solutions.
- Stay current on industry developments, trends, and new technologies.
This is a full-time, on-site position in our Chicago office.
- Self-confident in oral, written, strategic, and analytic abilities.
- Collaborative. Works in tandem with technology and development, design, project managers, and other partners.
- Design-minded. Understands visual design, typography and grid systems.
- Analytical. Able to translate briefs and requirements into User Experience documentation.
- Experienced presenting deliverables to team and clients.
- Comfortable educating team and clients about User Experience Design process and deliverables.
- Able to think and work strategically while delivering against tactics.
- Ambitious about User Experience, technology, mobile, social, etc.; constantly striving to learn more and share with teams.
- 5 years experience, previous Web development firm experience preferred.
Applicants must be United States citizens or permanent residents. No recruiters, please!