The Western Cape Government is looking for a full-time Drupal web developer for a permanent position.
Department of the Premier
Chief Directorate: Strategic ICT Services
Directorate: e-Government for Citizens
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop and maintain Drupal web applications including research, site building, module development, integration, theming, testing and debugging.
- Systems analysis: develop Drupal site specifications (eg required modules, content types, taxonomy, views, user roles, etc) in order to implement provided information architecture and user requirements.
- Develop, maintain and support Drupal platform and supporting applications (eg Legacy CMS systems).
- Quality Control: ensure technical and functional standards are observed, responsible for quality control as well as code walk-throughs, prepare system documentation including training manuals.
- Implement accessibility and usability guidelines.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification (or equivalent NQF-aligned qualification).
- A minimum three years' experience in PHP/MySQL web development.
- A minimum two years' experience in Drupal development.
- Knowledge in Drupal site building, Drupal modules, Drupal community, Web standards, Agile, Open source, Databases, Usability, Accessibility.
- Active participation in the Drupal community will serve as an added advantage.
- Excellent communication (verbal and writing skills).
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to lead and be a team leader.
- Strategic planning.
Note: This post was also advertised in the external media.
Directions to Candidates:
The Western Cape Government is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
Applications with reference number must be submitted on a Z83 form, obtainable from any Government Department and must be completed in full, should be accompanied by a comprehensive and current Curriculum Vitae (five pages maximum, CVs will not be returned), certified copies of identity document, driver's licence, matric certificate and academic qualification and the names of three referees.
NB: Applications will not be considered without the above. Applications which are received after the closing date will not be considered.
A separate application form must be completed if applying for more than one post. The reference number and full name of the post must be indicated clearly on your application form. No application will be considered without it.
Please note that any job applications sent by fax or e-mail will not be accepted. All job applications, including Z83 forms, CVs and certified documents, must be posted or delivered by hand to the address listed in each advertisement.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will receive further correspondence, therefore if you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Appointment is subject to the undergoing of a competency test, security clearance and vetting checks as prescribed. Candidates may be required to undergo competency assessments.
Note: Applications that are not submitted via Ayanda Mbanga Response Management will not be considered. Registered mail must not be sent to the hand delivery address.
Enquiries: Luke van Blerk
Tel: 021 483 9776
Salary: R221 055 per annum
Salary Level: Level 9
Ayanda Mbanga Response Management
PO Box 833
Hand-delivered in a sealed envelope and placed in the:
Ayanda Mbanga Response Management Job Application box
1 and 4 Dorp Street
Ground Floor, Cape Town
(Attention: Judy Johnstone)
Closing Date: 6 January 2012
Enquiries: Luke van Blerk (021 483 9776)