Are you a developer looking into designing in Drupal? Or a designer looking to start out in Drupal?
Our training will start out with the bare bones of Drupal theming and move towards completing a custom theme. We will cover the concepts of overriding, intercepting and altering markup in Drupal. Then we will do a step-by-step walk through to create a new theme based on a well tested theme development framework using development best practices. From here we will go further in depth by coding a custom theme, using pre-process functions and theme functions to get fine-grained control. Lastly, we will ensure that you know how to make your themes secure and stable and how to control the output of CCK and Views.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Understand the anatomy of the Drupal theming system
- Know how to create a theme for your website
- Know where to alter the look of Views output
- Be able to locate and override markup produced by Drupal through theme functions
- Be able to change contents of variables in templates
Duration: 2 Days, 9:00am-4:00pm
Prerequisites: Site building experience with Drupal or completion of Drupal in a Day and Site builder training. Experience with HTML and CSS and some understanding or experience with PHP is preferred.