Washington, DC / Boston, MA
For over 7 years, EchoDitto has been empowering leading organizations to have a greater impact through the creative use of new technologies. We are a band of early adopters, futurists, bloggers, hackers, programmers, designers, organizers, authors, and poets. We're searching for an outstanding web developer to join our team of technology enthusiasts and progressive thinkers. This position will be responsible for developing innovative Web-based tools for progressive online activism and community building. Our software architects work closely with their strategy architect counterparts to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies. Programming, user interface design and an understanding of relational databases are all core elements of this position. Dealing with Microsoft is not.
All salaried positions at EchoDitto come with excellent benefits and time pre-allocated for catching up with Gizmodo, tweeting or compiling ncurses for your Droid, iPhone or iPad.
What you'll need:
- BS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience.
- 3 years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS.
- 2 years minimum Web programming experience, including PHP, ASP or JSP.
- 1 year minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team skills
Other things we get excited about:
- Experience developing on and extending popular web authoring tools.
- Experience developing and/or implementing open source software projects.
- Basic understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- UNIX shell experience and a working knowledge of GIT, Subversion, CVS or related tools.
- Knowledge of the Drupal and Wordpress content management systems.
- Knowledge of mobile platforms such as iOS and Android.
- Sweet foosball skills.
Apply online at http://www.echoditto.com/careers/software-architect
No phone calls, please!
EchoDitto is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.